[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a better name for this book be A Clockwork Eggplant? Couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: richard-wright-native-son.jpg (10 KB, 259x400) Image search: [Google]
richard-wright-native-son.jpg
10 KB, 259x400
Would a better name for this book be A Clockwork Eggplant?

Couldn't it just as easily be used for the exact opposite message of what it's trying to send? I mean I personally think "Around Blacks, Never Relax" is an incorrect world view, but is it an incorrect interpretation of the text? I mean it starts out by showing how the characters background of poverty creates this worldview of fear, hatred and anger. His only form of currency is his propensity to use violence, because it is the one thing that makes him feel "equal" to other people. Then he goes on to commit two murders and a rape.

Given these circumstances is he not essentially a trojan horse for the Dalton household?
>>
DINDU NUFFN
>>
this book was an excuse for a nigger to write snuff fiction about white women, don't read too much into it
>>
>>8277062
What are you talking about? The protagonist killed the girl by accident.
>>
Basically the book is around blacks never relax, but here's why it is that way, and how it could be fixed. Whether or not those methods should be used is another matter entirely.
>>
>>8277062
It's OK he also raped and killed a black girl so it passes the diversity test
>>
Soliciting a reasonable discussion on race , here, is blood on the water.
A lot of people feel like the violence in black culture is a result of systematic and instutional you-know-what-ism.
Have you read Ta Ha Nishi Coates, "Between the World and Me?" It's a good read and a more current perspective.
>>
I didn't read this one, only Black Boy, but it's well-known that Richard Wright did not have any black friends. He moved to Paris because he wanted to hang out with intellectual white people and had huge disdain for those of his own race and their shortcomings.
>>
>>8278527
So he was basically the 1930s equivalent of a gangster rapper
>came from a lower class but not dirt poor family
>had hardships in life but nothing in comparison to some people
>took on the persona of someone who was raised in extreme poverty and fetishized violence
>liked by hardcore lefties and ultranationalist blacks, disliked by intellectual blacks because they "make them look bad"
>got a bit of dough and disassociated himself with black people altogether.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.