[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, which one do you like more, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 468x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 468x286
So, which one do you like more, /lit/?
>>
Christopher wins by default, as he at least wrote some good commentaries on specific events over the years, and his ideas on religion, and Marxism, while largely wrong, had some fucking good qualities hidden deep. Peter on the other hand has nothing towards his credit.
>>
>>8274095
>quantity over quality: the post
>>
Both are shit desu.
>>
>>8274103
Some quality over no quality.
>>
>>8274103
>literally the opposite of what he posted

I swear most of /lit/ is illiterate
>>
>>8274116
I'm amazed some of the plebs on this site even know how to use a computer.
>>
>>8274056
I found Peter just as I started moving away from the edgy atheist shit and started to accept that religion has an important place both in society and our lives so I prefer listening to Peter speak as he shares a lot of my ideas. However I don't think he would have convinced me of his ideas while I was still a commie atheist. He just doesn't make his points clear and relies on the listener/reader/viewer to already know where he's coming from and the argument he's trying to put across. I think his speech at Oxford defending the existence of God is a perfect example of this
>>
>>8274242
Are you me

>had an edgy atheist period where I unironically used words like "Hitchslap"
>went to uni
>graduated from philosophical positivism and obnoxious "scientism"
>still wake up at night from embarrassment of my blunder years

in my defense I did not own a fedora and kept an active and healthy lifestyle through sports
>>
Peter:
>butthurt Tory
>assmad Anglican
>seems like your boring stepdad or boss
>alive
Christopher:
>war-crazed neocon
>hypocritical Marxist
>drank and smoked all the time so that's pretty cool
>dead
Seems about tied boys
>>
>>8274374
yes
>>
>>8274374
nice
>>
My favourite 4chan post of all time was something like "The wrong Hitchens died. Their father should have died so the world didn't have to suffer these two cretins."
>>
>>8274516
get out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUvB1ygPbw
>>
christopher
with peter you can predict everything he's going to say, there's millions of people just like him
at least with christopher there's a unique perspective on the world
>>
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHoAQW_DBI4
>>
Christopher, no contest

it's a shame he was an atheist
>>
>>8274705
Sorry, i only meant the joke of it I only know about Christopher through what Sam Harris has said and I've only seen Peter on the BBC two or three times over the years. I just like the joke, sorry.
>>
Both are absolutely awful.
>>
>>8274056
i like peter for his complete pessimism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTu3gVvm_K8

how can you not like this lad?
>>
>in the evening of my days, which I've now reached

>No you haven't don't be daft!

We're all gonna love forever and happily Owen
>>
As a Brit I find Peter's presence on panels very refreshing

> I have laboriously metalworked Peter's likeness into a number car door panels and this refreshes me
>>
anti-capitalist rightism is an ideology that will grow powerful over the next couple decades, and peter hitchens will probably be considered a note-worthy influence. christopher on the other hand will be regarded as a well known but ultimately irrelevant popular commentator.
>>
>>8275687
typical progressive desu
>>
>>8275745
> anti capitalist rightism
So fascism then
>>
>>8275745
>>8276130
The anti-capitalist right can never really defeat capitalism because its goals are impossible. You can't move history in reverse, capitalism is unstoppable.
>>
>>8274705
>"we the left are the moral..."

eye roll
>>
>>8276241
> returning to feudalism by letting big business moved unrestrained isn't also moving history in reverse

Honestly, you sound like you're 12. Read some political philosophy before you post again please
>>
Peter is great. He's so moral. The fat guy was his brother? Wasn't he an atheist or something?
>>
>>8277320
Not that anon but you need to read political philosophy if you think that is feudalism
>>
Idk who the guy on the right is, but Christopher Hitchens is the fucking man. I guess it goes without saying that I like Hitchmeister more.
>>
Whatever you like Christopher Hitchens and his buddies Daniel Dennet, Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris, I think they are very influental.

I imagine that it will shape ideology years to come.

In the United States because of Christians and in Europe because of muslims.
>>8276241
Doesn't mean people will try though.
>>
>>8277514
>Christopher Hitchens is the fucking man

Go back to whatever shithole you came from.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.