[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they considered the "Meme trilogy"? Are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Meme_trilogy.png (207 KB, 519x248) Image search: [Google]
Meme_trilogy.png
207 KB, 519x248
Why are they considered the "Meme trilogy"?

Are they for petulant squibs or are they the founding masterpiece novels that others should be predicated on?

Please elaborate.....
>>
Because they are the most talked about novels on this board
They are also critically acclaimed
>>
>>8273068
They're good books that aren't popular IRL. The moment Ulysees is mentioned in the same sentence which mentions To Kill a Mockingbird or Of Mice and Men, it'll be meme'd off this board.
>>
>>8273085
I LOVED "Of Mice and Men" but "To Kill A Mockingbird" I feel is some subservient brainwash cockamamie that the Bilderberg group insisted public schools to teach.

Are these 3 "meme" novels enjoyable to read? I understand I am supposed to get an underlying meaning or philosophy after reading them, but how strong are the stories? How clear are the motifs?
>>
OP is a pseud
>>
>>8273162
Nice one bro, you showed me
>>
>>8273101
>Are these 3 "meme" novels enjoyable to read
They are considered difficult. Wanna know why? Do your own research ffs
>>
>>8273166
Oh my bad. I was under the suspicion this was a literature board for talking about books. Wont happen again, sorry sir.
>>
jesus fucking christ that has to be the worst sentence i've ever read
>>
>>8273170
Exactly. Not for spoonfeeding people info they can find on google in 10 seconds.
>>
>>8273174
jesus fucking christ that has to be the worst sentence i've ever read
>>
>>8273101
>subservient brainwash cockamamie that the Bilderberg group insisted public schools to teach
honestly I wouldn't be surprised
>>
>>8273181
>Nigs are humans too guys! (here are your cat o' nine tails for your daily white guilt flogging!!)
>>
>>8273101
>>8273184
Dude just leave
You obviously have nothing constructive to contribute so just do yourself a favor
>>
>>8273197
>>8273197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUVOgPzXm7g
>>
>>8273197
>>8273200
Can you 2 get a room? OP was trying to contribute something but this sourpuss isn't even talking about the question.

OP I advise starting with Infinite Jest. You may have to restart a few times considering it gives almost no context in the formative parts.
>>
>>8273068
1. they are memes here
2. all big books
3. similar themes
4. modernism, postmodernism, postpostmodernism
>>
>>8273200
>hurr u wear fedora if you don't hate black people xD
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8273068
>or
the only wrong word in that sentence given that the one encompasses the other and vice versa
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.