[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recommendations for philosophy books on the topic of happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1459284110843.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459284110843.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
recommendations for philosophy books on the topic of happiness and the purpose of life?

im depressed af
>>
>>8272800
The New Testament
>>
Aristotle and Epictetus helped me with that, my man.
>>
>>8272800
Siddhartha helped me.
Heidegger helped me.
I read a different translation of the Tao Te Ching every so often.
I read certain books in the Bible.
>>
Schopenhauer
>>
Philip Mainlander
>>
>>8272800
WOOOO READ NICOMACHEAN ETHICS BITCH BOY
>>
>>8272800
Are you depressed that you got a Godspeed tattoo and you don't like them anymore? Because band tats are for idiots for that exact reason.
Also
>>>/mu/
>>
Emerson? Epicurus. Nietzsche too is very life-affirming.
>>
>>8275375
Epicurus is all fragments. I'm also not massively convinced on the life affirming tho he was quite happy himself by all accounts.
>>
Nietzsches Thus Spoke Zarathustra is well, very life-emracing, even if you don't really understand theory much.
One could even call it an empowering work of philosophical fiction.
>>
Just move on to Dead Flag Blues. That's where things start getting really uplifting.
>>
>>8272800
forget (impractical) philosophy
ignore (empty) Epicurus
Seneca
Cicero
Marcus Aurelius
Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
Burns, Feeling Good
>>
>>8275417
nigga Yes-saying is Nietzsche's only lifelong project
also he suffered terribly with illness and was an ascetic shut-in
you got those mixed up
>>
>>8272800
There's one thing in common with all of these types of books op, they never give an answer. If you want to find your true purpose in this world, into pro fascist and natsoc fiction to prepare you for the non-fiction literature to will be in search of afterwards.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.