[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: martian chronicles.jpg (45 KB, 310x500) Image search: [Google]
martian chronicles.jpg
45 KB, 310x500
Just read The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury.

This book mentions a lot of times the color green, if you read all the stories you'll notice it quite often...

Do you think the author does this as a literary resource or for the sake of semiotics and steganography?

On the Third Expedition the rocket lands on green land. It's funny, because there are conspiracy theories that say the NASA used Greenland (as opposed to the Red Planet) to record the Curiosity mission... Also, the town where the earth men end up is called Green Bluff.

But it could be all just coincidence... How would you explain the repeated reference of the color green?
>>
>>8271702
Bradbury is big on colour. He makes note of it all the time.
>>
>>8272214
So why in this book the big color is green?
>>
>>8271702
its not a coincidence, he is just a massive autist is all
>>
I haven't read it (yet) but I'm assuming it's a plot device in regard to the efforts of the colonists to make Mars habitable for life.
>>
>>8273285
Nah, it's already habitable for humans
>>
File: image.jpg (2 KB, 82x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 KB, 82x125
>>8271702
This book was very good, and Bradbury is a very competent author.
>you cunts.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.