[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't seem to find any copy of his books. Anyone care to help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: garth-marenghis-darkplace.png (165 KB, 578x300) Image search: [Google]
garth-marenghis-darkplace.png
165 KB, 578x300
I can't seem to find any copy of his books. Anyone care to help?
>>
No luck so far, is his body of work the Holy Grail of our times?

Yes.
>>
You can probably blame Dean Learner for this. Remember how he treated Randolph Caer?
>>
>>8270373
The only man whose written more books than he's read.
>>
>>8270373
Heard they were pulled from shops by MI5 because they were too provocative and dangerous.
>>
>>8271293
yes
>>
underrated thread
>>
>Something was pouring from his mouth. He examined his sleeve. Blood!? Blood. Crimson copper-smelling blood, his blood. Blood. Blood. Blood. And bits of sick.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8270373
who is he a parody of? King?
>>
I care to help but I won't because I'm masochistic.
>>
half woman half wasp
>>
>>8273938
King and Koontz and everyone else like that.
>>
>>8274558
waps
>>
I'm a one track lover
>>
They're hard to find, but worth it to sample a visionary and a dreamweaver like this man.
>>
>Tina screamed for nurse. But Little Miss Nurse didn't come. Little Miss Nurse was out in the backroom having a cigarette and flirting with doctor. The pain shot through her like a big bullet. She knew babies were meant to kick, but were they meant to scratch? No, they weren't.
>>
>>8273938
>parody

The show's a documentary, numb-nuts!
>>
https://youtu.be/RWQRlvy5Gv4
In case some of you haven't seen the follow up show to Darkplace.
>>
>>8273938
he's his own man
>>
>>8270373

Marenghi is one of the very few authors working today who can honestly claim to have written more books than he has read.
>>
>>8270373
I want Marenghi to be a meme on this board. Maybe people could post lines when horror is mentioned. I bet Stephen King has read as many books as he's read as well
>>
>>8279211
*as he's written
>>
>>8279211
Fuck it I'm off to bed. It's midnight for God's sake
>>
>>8279211
I've read as many books as I've read too.
>>
>>8279211
you're dead, dead inside
>>
>>8270373
The problem is that with works of this stature, people are obviously reluctant to part with them on the second-hand market.

I suggest contacting the publisher directly as Mr. Learner is believed to have several boxes of unsold 1980s editions archived in a lock-up garage until such time as "The British Library choose to see sense".
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.