[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I look pretentious if I read in public? My apartment is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 24_high-line_popup.jpg (142 KB, 697x460) Image search: [Google]
24_high-line_popup.jpg
142 KB, 697x460
Will I look pretentious if I read in public?
My apartment is uncomfy as fuck, and not in a way that can be romanticized either.
What about walking around the city with a book in my hand?
>>
Do you really give a fuck?

>What about walking around the city with a book in my hand?
Walking around reading is stupid and impractical though. Sit the fuck down and actually focus.
>>
Library?
>>
If it's a sunny day and you feel like enjoying that shit instead of sweating and smelling indoors, just fucking do it you dolt
>>
>>8265514
Right, but I have to get there first.
>Do you really give a fuck?
I try hard not to but in the end I can't help it.
>>
You don't have to look at you so why should you give a fuck. Most times someone will grab you if you're about to walk into traffic too. It's society's problem not yours.
>>
>>8265530
Seneca is dissapointed, and Epictetus has frown
Dude, download 10 hours of white noise on yor phone, get headphones, grab your keys, get your IJ copy on your hand and take a stroll to the comfiest place you find, sit the fuck down, put that static noise into your ears so it blocks everything and start reading that shit, don't ever look away from your book unless you wanna reflect on something. Extra points if you can read and focus without white noise.
Start controlling your life fuckface.
>>
>>8265511
That's the only reason why I read physical books in public anymore. At home I just use my tablet to read eBooks I illegally download.
>>
That's it, I'm done with /lit/
>>
>>8265511
Worst case some pseud tries to validate himself by disturbing you and ends up looking like the clown he is
Best case some qt 3.14 that is interested in the same book you are reading or is just looking for some guy who reads by pleasure sits next to you and asks you about stuff so simple yet open to opportunities that you may end up with a date.
The world and its delights are for the braves anon.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.