[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not really literature but it has to do with books so. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Bookshelf.jpg (2 MB, 2987x1986) Image search: [Google]
Bookshelf.jpg
2 MB, 2987x1986
Not really literature but it has to do with books so. I don't really knew where to go, sorry
One of my bookshelves is completly full of books, like there is no space for air in it and yet from time to time if I push with my fingers I can push the books to the back of the bookshelf which I do eveyr single time. How are the books slowly drifting away from the back of the bookshelf? Does this happen to anyone else? Do I have a pseudogeist? Do I need to buy IJ and put it in the middle so it balances the bookshelf? Halp.
>>
>pseudogeist

genuinely kek'd

gj anon.

probably something to do with you taking books out of the shelf and inadvertently moving it slightly now and then.
>>
>>8265316
>I need to buy IJ
and step on it
>>
>>8265319
I don't take any book from that shelf. It's one of my oldest shelves so every single book there I have read and I don't really reread any of them recently, it just happens.

Let's say today, I pushed them all back to their place, if I wait a week it wouldn't be visible, but if you were to push with your finger they would slip back into their place. I'm going insane over this, I swear I stood over my bed one morning staring at that shelf.
>>
File: 8900233232.jpg (62 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
8900233232.jpg
62 KB, 800x450
I know what you're talking about OP, but I don't know why it happens. It could be because the shelf itself is detached from the wall and is leaning somewhat forward. Is your floor carpeted?
>>
Maybe you have someone in your house who knows that books should never be stored pressed right up against the wall because that traps condensation in and then they start to rot and you have to throw out your entire collection so they don't infect new ones.
I had a really long conversation about this with a used bookseller/buyer.
>>
>>8265329
It's hanging in the wall and it's flat, I'm almost certain so it's not because of leaning.
>>
>>8265335
The shelf has a wooden back wall so it's not against the wall. They've been there for 4 years now and they haven't rotten or or anything. But thanks for the info, will be careful in the future with used books and storing them.
>>
>>8265343
The wooden back will still collect moisture just the same as a wall. Always leave a gap behind the books.
>>
>>8265347
>Always leave a gap behind the books.
His ghost already takes care of that for him.
>>
>>8265354
Yeah I'm just saying. He needs to stop fighting it.
>>
>>8265316
Your dad's communicating with you in 5th dimensional space.
>>
>>8265354
I don't know what the fuck to believe. I really appreciate you anons enabling my psychosis of the book moving ghosts.
I'm gonna keep pushing my books to the back of the shelf regardless.
>>
>>8265356
My dad is actually dead so this is a bretty dark reference. Maybe he is communicating with me, but desu I doubt it, all the books get moved away.
>>
>>8265356
I tell myself Nolan is a hack but that movie always gives me goosebumps. When he sees his daughter in the hospital bed tugs on my heart strings. He said he would come back.
>>
>>8265335

Is this a meme? I just pushed my books forward, and I'm afraid that I fell for some sort of meme and if I tell my book loving friends about it, they'll laugh at me or something.
>>
>>8265988

Okay I tried to do some research and couldn't find any infor about "trapping moisture" or whatever, so now I think I'm being memed.
>>
Is this Kafkaesque? Borgesian? Bekketian? BolaƱoesque? R.L.Stine-ia?

you decide.
>>
>>8265988
Apart from anything else, it'll give you an inch of space to hide small objects if you need to
>>
>>8265347
what? do you live in a rainforest or something?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.