[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you accidentally arrive to the same conclusion as an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1466549007537.png (203 KB, 368x396) Image search: [Google]
1466549007537.png
203 KB, 368x396
>tfw you accidentally arrive to the same conclusion as an author/philosopher
>>
File: dfw laugh2.png (113 KB, 262x307) Image search: [Google]
dfw laugh2.png
113 KB, 262x307
>>8262752
>tfw i am an integral part of /lit/'s shitposting and meme culture
>tfw i am responsible for a good amount of dfw reaction images, including OP's

makes life worth living tbchwyf
>>
>>8262752
Doesn't mean anything positive in regards to yourself. For one those ideas are usually usually exist in the zeitgeist because of the philosopher in question, meaning they had the actual intelligence to go against the grain, where you are merely adopting ideas that are floating about. And secondly (and much more importantly) to conflate your thought with the philosophers would be like saying wouldn't it be cool if we went to the moon, then after America having gotten to the moon claiming the amount of genius on your part is equal to the engineers and mathematicians you actually got us there. There is in reality only the vaguest similarity. The idea itself is impressive because it is thought out in a systematic way, far up and beyond anything you will ever do. The way the consider how this idea fits into their world view, how to defend it against the prevailing ideas of the time and how it changes other ideas is what makes the idea impressive.
>>
>>8262825

>tfw my prose style is an influencer of the board's counterculture of engaged /lit/erati, whereas you are but a garden-variety memester thinking himself important for applying basic memetic principles to a small community
>>
File: phresh.png (11 KB, 666x213) Image search: [Google]
phresh.png
11 KB, 666x213
>>8262870
>zeitgeist
>>
File: dfw no.png (121 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
dfw no.png
121 KB, 250x310
>>8262890
>he underestimates meme magic
>>
>>8262825
>>8262890
>tfw I am one of /lit/'s most productive posters
>tfw I fully simulate being 4 different people with fully elaborated and distinct personalities
>tfw I'm probably a significant fraction of the regular posts here
>tfw having entire conversations with myself
>tfw mods probably know about me and wonder what's wrong with me
>>
>>8263022
I sincerely hope this is a joke.
>>
>>8262825
>>8262890
>>8263022
if these people are sincere, they lead very small, sad lives.
>>
Dude for real. I made a thread somewhere else about modest people being secretly shitty, and it turns out Schopenhauer said something similar (but worded better to make me feel even more shitty about it)
>>
>>8263330
*I was going to use it in my magnum opus and everything
>>
>>8262752
this was my experience with dostoyevsky desu senpai
>>
>>8263333
underrated
>>
>>8263665
th-thanks
>>
>>8263029
>>8263043
you guys are no fun
this is the level of autism i one day hope to achieve
>>
>>8262892
quite the critique anon, you sure got him there
>>
>make a thread with an obvious, slightly meaningful assertion
>get dozens of replies praising me
I'll take it
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.