[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just read this. What did you guys think? I understand the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 114593.jpg (36 KB, 350x523) Image search: [Google]
114593.jpg
36 KB, 350x523
Just read this. What did you guys think?

I understand the point he's trying to make about the nature of man and his destruction, but it's very black and white image he paints.

As in, the neanderthals are loving, non-malicious, non-killing scavengers and the humans are destructive, chaotic creatures who perform weird rituals and sacrifice to their gods.

I suppose he had to exaggerate to make his point but still its a bit OTT.

I also likes the neanderthal POV, even though a few paragraphs he goes a bit too far and they make no sense at all, in general well done however.

I also liked the ending of the peuniltimate chapter with the "red creature" and the final chapter is very jarring and finishes off the book well. (Interestingly the again, one of the humans plans to murder the other and take his role as leader. Another example of humans evil nature)

Thoughts? (If anyone here has even read it that is)
>>
I get the feeling either no one has read this or no one can be arsed to discuss a 50 year old book lol
>>
>>8262276
>>8262303
Well thanks OP for the heads up on this book. I'm actually pretty interested in reading this now. Never read any Golding and the only thing I knew of his was Lord of the Flies.

Recently watched Quest for Fire which is about neanderthals and cro magnon. Kind of dated but interesting.
>>
>>8262698
Yeah I would recommend it. At some points the narrative is really hard to follow but i'd suggest trudging through it, its worth it.

Never heard of that till now, worth watching?
>>
File: dang.jpg (97 KB, 650x426) Image search: [Google]
dang.jpg
97 KB, 650x426
>>8262980
Good to know-- I'm gonna check it out.

Yeah, I think it is definitely worth watching. Like I said, some parts are really dated (like there is some tribe that is supposed to be homo habilis or something, and their make up is horrible), and I think they probably make the neanderthals way too dumb. But still it seems like it gives a fairly realistic view of what life was once like

Also, it has Tommy Chong's daughter as a sexy cro mag who likes neanderthal benis (pic related)

Apparently Anthony Burgess helped create the languages in the movie. But the neanderthals don't say a whole lot, and supposedly the cro mag tribe is just speaking really ungrammatical Cree.
>>
>>8262276

Any other good books about the stoneage or neanderthals? Seems like an interesting topic and I love the theme of man causes destruction by being.
>>
>>8263090
i don't know any if there are, been looking for more since i finished the inheritors.

>>8263032
Okay ill give it a watch- cheers anon
>>
bump you vagabonds
>>
File: 1466687386093.png (458 KB, 594x652) Image search: [Google]
1466687386093.png
458 KB, 594x652
Does no one have an opinion on this book?
>>
>>8263090
Earth's Children is a six-part series of novels set in the stone age.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.