[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best books about love? I want to feel.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: imgres-1.png (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
imgres-1.png
7 KB, 205x246
What are the best books about love? I want to feel.
>>
Great Expectations.
>>
>>8261685
Far from the Madding Crowd
>>
Alessandro Manzoni - The Betrothed

This is the italian text that the current Pope asks engaged couples to read before they get married—it is a tale of love that fights
>>
MR DARCY OH MR DARCY
>>
The Sorrows of Young Werther
>>
Love in the Time of Cholera
>>
>>8261702
>>8262073
these

>>8261739
yeah also pride & prejudice probably but persuasion is way better (in terms of a love story or anything else for that matter)

also the fact that /lit/ can't get enough of thomas hardy's metaphysical whining about love but decries jane austen as a boring romantic writer kinda bespeaks 4chan's (obvious) inherent misogyny
>>
>>8262075

More like love in the time of don't bother
>>
book of Pook
>>
>>8261733
good one but I think the Manzoni in The Betrothed is trying to send much more important messages than just the story of a couple having trouble getting married..
>>
Norwegian Wood
>>
Lolita. Not even close to kidding.
>>
>>8263007
That's pure lust, not love.
>>
The Bible. Not even close to jesting.
>>
Karamazov Brothers
>>
For Whom The Bell Tolls made me feel.
>>
>>8263116
No it isnt. Its the greatest love story in all of literature
>>
>>8261685
Naked Lunch
>>
>>8261685

The New Testament.
>>
Book of Flying by Kieth Miller
>>
Jane Eyre or if you wanna read a play Cyrano de Bergerac.
>>
>>8262090
i genuinely thought persuasion was pretty boring, but it may be because i like half-read it for class. there were parts i liked a lot though(her with that widower, talking about books)
>>
>>8261685
Twilight
>>
>>8263659
It's okay, you'll grow out of it.
>>
>>8262073
this
>>
File: 08-5032p.jpg (354 KB, 905x1460) Image search: [Google]
08-5032p.jpg
354 KB, 905x1460
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.