[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you care about covers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: book-covers-18.jpg (57 KB, 335x542) Image search: [Google]
book-covers-18.jpg
57 KB, 335x542
I'm wondering if anyone really cares about covers. Personally, I always choose which version of a book to buy based on it's cover. Am I alone here?
>>
Been reading Naked Lunch on the bus lately. It's that Grove Press edition with the really obnoxious, colorful covers with the distressed font and shit. I always feel like I just came from my little sister's book fair holding that ostentatious piece of shit. Wicked book, but I feel like a chode showing the world that cover, mang.
>>
While I think that "don't judge a book by it's cover" is somewhat true, once I already know that the book is good I just wanna have the copy with the sickest looking cover.
>>
I only buy the Arena copies of De Sade so I can sit out the front of a primary school reading them
>>
>>8261027
This.

Fucking hate how good books w/o h bitching covers get re printed because of a movie or show with incredibly shitty covers.
>>
>>8260999
I usually buy from half-priced books, and I don't usually go in looking for a specific book so I guess I don't really mind. However, I fucking hate when idiots write, underline, and highlight in a book. Its even worse when you see they only did that for the first chapter and no more, showing that they tried to be a little academic fuck but stopped caring after the first time reading.

In general tho, book jackets aren't deal breakers. Moreso, the binding is more important. Ive turned away from picking something up if the binding feels like i have to bend the book inside out just to read a page.
>>
>>8261467
to add about the OP, the quality of the papers and binding is more important, and that usually translates to the quality of the cover. If the quality of paper and binding is good, the cover tends to be good to. and vice versa.
>>
>>8261027
Read this back and think about how stupid it sounds.
>>
>>8261461

This.
>>
It really tickles my autism when a book has a picture of a movie adaptation on the cover, especially if the movie sucks. Other than that, I don't care.
>>
>>8261778
Like the Martian. The original cover was fine, but the one with Matt Damon's face on it is just awful.
>>
>>8260999
I care about covers.
>>
>>8260999
>Do you care about covers?

As much as I'd like to say that I don't, I do.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.