[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books about Neet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: neet-guide-pcb-combo-2016.jpg (153 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
neet-guide-pcb-combo-2016.jpg
153 KB, 500x668
I'm 38 and Neet, living with my dying mother. Soon I'll have to get a job (wew) and run an old broken down house (no qt) and dealing with bills (you what mate). What are some fictional characters who are in this situation but end up just fine, happy ending type deal.
No self help shit senfampai.
>>
>>8257480
>>>/r9k/

I don't want your kind to be here.
>>
>>8257494
You forgot to recommend a book.
>>
>but end up just fine, happy ending type deal
heh... better get used to the sad endings
you're in one.
>>
Are you seriously a 38 y/o neet? If so im interested. Why are you neet? Tell me about yourself, what you're interested in.
>>
File: welcome-to-the-nhk-2.png (549 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-the-nhk-2.png
549 KB, 1360x768
>>8257480
Welcome to the nhk is about a neet.

So, did you enjoy all those years without responsibility?
How'd you spend most of your time?
>>
File: 1465102437220.png (214 KB, 347x462) Image search: [Google]
1465102437220.png
214 KB, 347x462
>>8257480
Goddammit neet get back here and answer us
>>
I am turning 26 next month and have been a NEET for seven years. AMA if you want.
>>
>>8257680
How are your days spent?
Do you wish you weren't a neet?
>>
>>8257687

My days are spent between reading, doing stuff outside (chopping wood, partaking in my hobby of blacksmithing, watching nature, etc). Sometimes I will play the odd video game or watch a movie, especially if it's too hot outside. I cook too, so that occupies some of my day. Day and night if I am smoking something but I read and smoke my pipe to pass the time. I used to play with my dog but we had to put her down due to complications a month ago, so I can't do that anymore.

Yes and no. Yes because I do enjoy a job if it's something I like doing. Before my NEETdom I was a painter. We were all white so we were able to go slow and take our time doing the job right. I do things slowly and leisurely, but also diligently, and I was allowed to do that. In our time when everything is hastily done and then you move on, I feel like I had settled into something nice.

There I feel like I had a purpose, sort of. I was helping people and allowing a sort of craftsmanship to be used instead of simply stocking shelves or selling things to people. I don't have the best personality in the world, and everyone I know agrees that something where I work with the public is bad for me. I've tried to get jobs, but I am either turned down for unknown reasons or because I lack experience. I would like to work, but I would want to feel a purpose instead of simply being a part of "busy work" if you understand what I am saying.

Trying to explain that to people who are happy to labour away their lives is interesting and mostly fruitless, and their only findings seem to be calling me lazy.
>>
>>8257715
>seem to be calling me lazy
Why aren't they right?

Also, many people have ambitions to be successful and being full of knowledge in life. This is why /lit/ reads, why /sci/ studies, etc.

How do you feel with not having any studies? Do you feel like you failed in life and that other people, studying mathematics are more successful and smart?

Do you draw?
>>
feels nice to know there are more and more oldfags everyday here. also feels silly to realize not being 19 anymore and still using the term 'oldfag'.
>>
>>8257480
Oblomov, in a way.

You should read it, probably the greatest NEET novel of all time.
>>
28yo NEET of five years reporting in.

Feels bretty good. The happy end comes in the form of welfare or autismbux.
>>
>>8258457

I'm not lazy, I am just mostly unmotivated. When I want to do something that is completely deppendent on me without outside factors potentially stopping me (or definitely) I do it.

I do have "studies," they're just not official as I feel I learn things easier on my own. Blacksmithing, for example. I have been doing that and learning about it for five years now. Sometimes I sell the stuff I make but I don't consider it employment since it's not constant and only usually when I want something.

I personally don't care what other people do as they live their lives and I live mine. I don't feel like I have failed ibn my life because I do not compare myself to other people since I am me. I am doing what I want to do, mostly.

I do not draw.
>>
>>8258617
Thanks for the answers man

>I do not draw

You were a painter but you stoped?

You were a painter before
>>
26 year old NEET for 10 years reporting in.

Read Becoming NEET by Christopher Arnold.
>>
>>8258967
Probably a house painter.
>>
>>8259061
Oh shit yea, that's more possible
>>
>>8259061

Yeah, precisely. It was a nice job and I worked with my friends. It was pretty hard to have a bad day.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.