[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever read Neuromancer? https://7chan.org/pr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Has anyone here ever read Neuromancer?

https://7chan.org/pr/src/A_neuromancer.pdf

I found the .pdf but the .pdf has many less pages than the book on Amazon. How do I know this is the real deal?
>>
ive read it and have the book on my shelf. whats the last page or sentence say ill tell you if legit.
>>
I have it as well and I can let you know if this guy is lying. >>8257688
>>
Conceptually fascinating, verbally stilted at times. Would definitely read if you're interested in the cyberpunk genre, or artificial intelligence, that is if you're willing to skim past some clunky yet occasionally vibrant writing.

Atmospherically dark, a bit like Blade Runner.
>>
I don't think anyone has ever read a genre-defining work on this literature-themed message board.
>>
>>8257933
odd statement
>>
>>8257462
I skimmed through it. It looks real
>>
>>8257462
virtually illegible. some of the worst prose of the 20th century.
>>
I liked it when I was about thirteen, but I haven't read it since. I get the feeling I wouldn't like it now.
>>
>>8258997
I think you might be literally too dumb to understand it
>>
>>8258997
Yeah the prose isn't the greatest. Its on par with translations of japanese light novels.
>>
This happens because the editorial chooses a different font and paper size.

I just finished reading do Androids dream of electric sheep on pdf and it was the right length despite having twice as less pages.
>>
>>8257462
Post the first and last words of a few random chapters, we can verify. You're probably fine but why don't you just get a fucking library card?
>>
i tried reading it recently but only got thirty or so pages in before i got bored of the prose style and emphasis on world building over substance.
>>
>>8261588
then its definitely not for you. Gibson is about 70% neat tech ideas and 30% anything else. you need to like that kind of stuff.

also the man cant end a book to save his life.
>>
File: LFTTVP-DiagnoseMeShayna.jpg (116 KB, 1079x1079) Image search: [Google]
LFTTVP-DiagnoseMeShayna.jpg
116 KB, 1079x1079
>>8261416

>twice as less
>>
>>8258997
> doesn't read burroughs

that's okay, i'm sure you can lead a happy and fulfilled life anyway.

> snickers
>>
>>8257713
This

OP, don't try to read it too late. Its best if you're underage b&, I think I was 22 when I tried to read it because I wanted more Blade Runner, and it works, but it isn't great. The prose kills it.
>>
I've tried reading it several times. I just can't get into the prose. Super clunky and kind of vague IMO.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.