[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Hera's motivation during the Illiad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 187x269
Why does she care about fucking up Troy so badly? Is it because of Helen? I thought Helen was seduced because of the influence of Aphrodite.

She even tells Zeus she can fuck up her favorite cities. She doesn't care.
>>
Google Judgement of Paris
>>
She was snubbed by Paris after a crazy girl threw an apple at a party.
>>
>>8254410
Why doesn't she stop Aphrodite from helping Paris during his duel with Menelaus?
>>
It's the end result of a long spiteful family feud between Hera and Aphrodite. Hera, in order to assume authority as the matriarch of the Olympians, had to sacrifice an aspect of her feminine sensuality, the youthful girlish playfulness and glamor that Aphrodite revels in and flaunts wherever she goes. It's this sensuality that Aphrodite used to seduce Paris into choosing her beauty above Heras, even though Hera truly was more beautiful, she just carried it with a Queenlike motherly demeanor that didn't appeal to the sexual desires of Paris.

She had also been at odds with Aphrodite over the affairs she had with her son Ares, as she was married to her second son Hephaestus. Hera is the Goddess of the domestic household and the covenant of marriage, where Ares and Aphrodite were the patron deities of passionate love affairs
>>
>>8254429
The Olympians made numerous moves to hamper one another from assisting their favored mortals through the Trojan War
>>
>>8254391
I thought it was just because she was a cunt
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.