[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some books about individuality or being yourself? ie,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1465069980620.gif (940 KB, 552x525) Image search: [Google]
1465069980620.gif
940 KB, 552x525
what are some books about individuality or being yourself?

ie, not needing to follow or pander to others, having more faith in your identity, etc.
>>
Tractatus logico philosophocus.
>>
pluto - the greeks
>>
Max stirner
>>
>>8253385
bookofpook
>>
Good job giving him a real answer, you fucking retards
>>
No More Mr Nice Guy - Robert Glover
When i say no i feel guilty - Manuel J Smith
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1065x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1065x1600
Oedipus "Trilogy" roughly covers that, particularly Oedipus Rex.

I'd recommend the penguin classics translated by Fagles. There's also an outstanding introduction and prefaces for each story by Bernard Knox that helps you gain a much better grasp of each story.

Inb4 >Fagles
>>
Bumb, I'm interested too.
>>
>>8253570
....is that a hardcover penguin? tffffff
>>
>>8253385
Hitchens Letters rt homie
>>
Thus Sprach Zarathustra
The Myth of Sysiphus
Catcher in the Rye

Fight Club

most fedora core really.
>>
The false construct of an identity is why you feel the need to pander to others in the first place. If you acknowledge yourself as nobody (which you are, your idea of "yourself" is a weak elixir of memory, personality traits, and social reception filtered through a scope of bias), then you wouldn't bother with this emotional dumpster of a topic in the first place.
That's not to say you are or aren't a loser or any other variety of negative things, but if you go down this road of trying to differentiate yourself/identify yourself you're just going to get mentally drained.

If you just want confidence, then you won't get it from a book. Get a job where you have to talk to people.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.