[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deepest book you've ever read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Consiouss.png (1 MB, 1000x520) Image search: [Google]
Consiouss.png
1 MB, 1000x520
What's the deepest book you've ever read?
>>
>>8250295
>twenty thousand leagues under the sea
kek
>>
>>8250295
Cosmos by carl sagan.
>>
>>8250337
Journey to the Center of the Earth is far more deep.
>>
>>8250337
>not Journey to the Centre of the Earth
>>
idk but I haven't viewed reality the same way since I read The Library of Babel.
>>
>>8250356
technically, no
>>
The Stranger by Albert Camus
>>
The Reign of Quantity & the Signs of the Times
>>
The Upanishads
>>
Theres a section in my political philosophy textbook with some kant in it so that part probably. Maybe blood meridian?
>>
>>8250362
>he thinks the title refers to depth beneath the surface of the sea
>he thinks a submarine could go to a depth beneath the surface of the sea that is more than six times the diameter of the Earth

laughinggirls.jpg
>>
File: brotherskaramazov.jpg (37 KB, 420x732) Image search: [Google]
brotherskaramazov.jpg
37 KB, 420x732
>>8250295
The Brothers Karamazov. If you are looking for something short, The Death of Ivan Ilyich is pretty deep.
>>
The Corpus Hermeticum
>>
Depth is a spook.
>>
Tao te ching
>>
File: chloe-moretz-435.jpg (67 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
chloe-moretz-435.jpg
67 KB, 435x580
>>8250641
>>
File: Android Jones.jpg (1 MB, 1300x795) Image search: [Google]
Android Jones.jpg
1 MB, 1300x795
>>8250295

Critique of Pure Reason
>>
>>8250715
What the fuck the Tao Te Ching itself basically says the Tao Te Ching isn't deep.

You are whats wrong with modern Taoism.
>>
File: [wú wéi intensifies].jpg (42 KB, 350x287) Image search: [Google]
[wú wéi intensifies].jpg
42 KB, 350x287
>>8250759
>He doesn't understand that greatest depth is non-depth.
People taking Taoism literally is what's wrong with Modern Taoism™. If you wanna be a stiff book licker and hang up on words go read King Kong.
>>
>>8250337
Topkek
>>
>>8250295

Anal Acrobats: An Amazing Adventure
>>
>>8250295

Republic
>>
>>8250295
Predicable answer, but I reckon Gravity's Rainbow gave me more to chew on than any other book I've ever read. I often say that I've learned more from Pynchon than anybody else and it's really true.
>>
File: aiiii.png (257 KB, 447x442) Image search: [Google]
aiiii.png
257 KB, 447x442
>>8250392
mein irreducible divine nigger!
>>
beelzebub's tales to his grandson, yep
>>
Religious morons really need to FOAD.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.