[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of the works of Grant Morrison? >inb4 pseud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (585 KB, 979x1531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
585 KB, 979x1531
What does /lit/ think of the works of Grant Morrison?

>inb4 pseud
>>
P. good, got me into a lot of shit, like Borges, Debord, PKD, Rimbaud and english romanticism (from the top of my head), not to mention all the good comics shit. Probably one of my favourite writers overall.

Also, one of the few comic writers who has actually brought tears to my eyes (once with Flex, then again with ASS). Has a really interesting view of comic books, and his Supergods book is actually p. good.
>>
>>8248507
His work is spiritually alive and a great example of what comics and graphic novels can be.
>>
One of these days I'll go back and re-read The Invisibles. It was my favorite comic, but I haven't read comics in years. I also remember liking Animal Man, Doom Patrol, and The Filth.
>>
File: 2657564-25.jpg (56 KB, 414x640) Image search: [Google]
2657564-25.jpg
56 KB, 414x640
>>8248507
his works are shallow, he's an all-around mediocre writer and he's not particularly good at plotting comics especially
many people also mistake his eclectic references for originality
still he's put out some entertaining stuff, if only by way of fluke
>>
read we3 in middle school and it didn't do much for me

read all-star superman like 2 years ago and found it to be a great look at superman

been meaning to read some of his other work
>>
Currently writing my Bachelor Honors paper on him, my problem is actually that 25 pages isn't ENOUGH for what I want to express.
>>
>>8248898
Are you the guy from the /co/ thread a while back?
>>
currently reading Joe the Barbarian

not as metatextual as I was expecting honestly, but it's alright
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.