[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>i couldn't relate to any of the characters >all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1437859800482.jpg (50 KB, 594x591) Image search: [Google]
1437859800482.jpg
50 KB, 594x591
>i couldn't relate to any of the characters
>all of the characters were unsympathetic
>there was no-one to root for

are these the most plebeian of literary complaints?
>>
>>8247434
what if the characters are giant pixel clouds that repeatedly scream "boobaloo!" for no reason throughout the entire novel and someone finds themselves not relating to that
>>
>>8247439
Then both the author and those readers are plebeian.
>>
Comments like that can help if you know what to look for and how to ask questions

The layman can definitely sense when story is lacking "energy" to keep itself moving forward, which is why it can be callled stuff like "bland", "uninspired" etc. but dont expect them to be able to tell you why in explicit detail, just take the feedback and test it against your own knowledge of how your story works
>>
You forgot the character development meme
>>
>>8247471
its a thing in all good fiction.
>>
>>8247487
Kill yourself.
>>
>>8247489
Keep writing shit fampai
>>
>>8247492
I don't write fiction because I'm not a turbowanker.
>>
>boring
>plotless
>confusing
>too rich
>too many descriptions
>simple or complex
>unrealistic
>>
>>8247493
Huh no wonder, you don't even know how it works.
>>
>the characters are unrealistic
>>
>>8247434
If the goal of literary fiction is to explore the dilemmas of being human, the flaws and virtues of characters must be well addressed and illuminated by character development.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.