[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm facing my own ghosts here and there is an idea that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 07-Pollock-1948-Number-1A.jpg (1 MB, 1619x1049) Image search: [Google]
07-Pollock-1948-Number-1A.jpg
1 MB, 1619x1049
I'm facing my own ghosts here and there is an idea that haunts me and it's making me feel miserable all the time: the idea that there is one way to do things that is better than all the others. The idea of this certain path that exists somewhere that will tell us the secret of how to do anything and be anything, and that we are actually able to know it. You know, that there is one way that is correct, out of all others. Or maybe I can say this one way is out of reach, but at least we can revolve around it, as if that certainty was actually there.

I need an antidote to my dependence on trying to be certain.

What books, authors, poets, thinkers, militants, artists and other do you recommend to me? Which quote do you have to share? What link can you give?
>>
>>8245540
shutup faggot lol
>>
>>8245540
youd literally need a machine that calculates what everyone else is gonna do and predicts market variations and fucking political changes etc... All this things ultimately change ur life greatly, then itd have to determine based on this predicted changes whats better for u.

chances are the best u can do is know ur skills and needs and to just hone them so you dont suck as a person. If you dont know what you're good at or what you want then chances are youre a retard.

It aint that complicated nigga.
>>
Tao te Ching
>>
>>8245586
lmao
>>
>>8245540
you should read Wittgenstein's
On certainty
>>
One may be wrong even about "there being a hand here". Only in particular circumstances is it impossible. - "Even in a calculation one can be wrong - only in certain circumstances one can't."
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.