[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing Groups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: why am i here.jpg (208 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
why am i here.jpg
208 KB, 1300x867
How did you come across yours?
How do you find groups outside of university?
>>
>>8244887
I'd never be in a reading group with a woman and a black like in that pic. Fucking disgusting
>>
>>8244908
Wholeheartedly this
>>
Absolutely
>>
email Dan Schnieder
>>
Had been planning to make a thread on this, thanks anon.

We should have a /lit/ writing group, but without any of the cunts.
>>
>>8244887
What do writing groups do? Just write in front of each other? That seems terribly uncomfortable.
>>
>>8245033
It's a group where you share your writing with the other members on a regular basis and receive constructive criticism and vice versa, support each other, provide a psychological impetus to keep producing new content. Ideally the people have their heads on straight and a couple of them get published and start experiencing some small degree of success, which helps lift everyone else in the group up, etc
>>
>>8245056

Why do plebs think being prompted to continually generate pleb content will somehow make them better at writing?
You're still a pleb faggot, both before writing 5 trillion billion words and afterwards, and probably autistic too since you apparently believe otherwise.
>>
>>8246272
>You're still a pleb faggot, both before writing 5 trillion billion words and afterwards
That's not inherently true, but I would say in 95% of cases outside of an elite university yes, you would surround yourself with pleb retards have no idea how shitty their writing actually is, nor how good it may get with some actual fucking smart-work ethic, and therefore any kind of writing group would just be a waste of time
>>
I tried writing groups once.

They told me that my work was bigoted, racist, and misogynist and that it is current year.

Not even once
>>
>>8246763
it probably is
>>
>>8247365
It's not current year anymore. We live in the future now.
>>
>>8246755
Honestly I would say university will probably produce a better writer than just being some indulgent fag in a writing group. University was actually a massive blow to my self-esteem. I thought I was top shit. Then I realized I was just regular shit.

>>8247365
Nah, he can't be bigoted. Even if he was, it'd be somebody else's fault for pointing it out. They're the real racists, after all.
>>
I used to attend groups. A standard non-uni group breaks down like this:

Retirees who write about their childhoods or war experiences,
Fatties and fuglies who write fantasy about main characters that are supposed to be them if they weren't fat or ugly.
Fat chicks who write romance because no one loves them
Fedora tippers writing science fiction about (again) them saving a warrior princess waifu,
Fagmos who write terrible cringy fanfiction,
Then there's one or two who have something original to add and the ambition to finish actual work.

Make friends with those few and fuck the rest. Most groups are a bunch of dipshits sitting around wanting to be patted on the back for not swallowing their tongues mid sentence. Seriously. If you have drive, avoid most of them. It's usually a bunch of jack offs sitting around sucking each other's dicks about how they're all going to "make it big one day."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.