[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>my pointless life is justified and i can die happy because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
>my pointless life is justified and i can die happy because i wrote some unfinished book that edith is gonna throw out with the trash

woah, real "enlightening"
>>
>>8239695
He finished the book and had it published OP. He also had a midevil antique he would have loved donated in his name to his heaven on earth (where he spent his whole life) and had dedicated to him a work he valued more than whatever Pynchon you've been getting wet over recently. These three works alone, without the frequently stated fact that he was indeed happy despite all of just horrible misfortune, can tell he that he was just in feeling that he was no failure.
>>
>>8239798
OP here, you btfo me
>>
Now read butchers crossing
>>
Is it about weed?
>>
>>8240617
you could say that
>>
the point of the book was not to live life with the slave morality Stoner did
>>
>reads books for miracles

Kind of a low-tier purpose.
>>
>>8239695
I think from the title you're supposed to infer that he would have been happier if he just smoked weed every day instead of dicking around with English Literature and his uptight wife probably would have enjoyed getting fucked more if she smoked a few bowls.
>>
I wanna be edgy, should I read Augustus first or Butcher's Crossing and say it's better than Stoner
>>
File: heights2.jpg (963 KB, 1672x1228) Image search: [Google]
heights2.jpg
963 KB, 1672x1228
>>8239798
>midevil
HHahshahahahahahahahahahahahahahhHzahshshshshahagahahahahahahahahaahahsgahshshahlahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhashhshshhshshshshshaahahahahshhshahaaahahahyaahgaagagagahgagagagaggggaghaahhahahhshhshhshhahahahagaagaghagaagahahhahahahahahahshshahshshahahaahahhshahahshahahhshshhfssgggashagsaaggagagagaaghHahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahhajajjahhahajajajhahahahahahahahhauauahjaos sksiaaiiauajajjajsjshajsksjsjajajajjajzhjhajjjajshahhahshHahahahahajhjsjhahhjajsjhjhahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahha

GOT EM
>>
>>8240665
Butcher's Crossing
>>
File: 1464412262047.jpg (33 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1464412262047.jpg
33 KB, 466x349
>>8239695
>/lit/ recommends a novel that quickly becomes a personal favorite
>tumblrinas, redditors, and cross-posters migrate for the summer
>DUDE WEED LMAO
>WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT LMAO

this thread erased my soul, thanks guys.
>>
>>8239695
literally hate this book because it reminds me so much of my own whining
>>
>>8240755
>whining
I don't think Stoner makes a single complaint in the entire book. He, like his mother on the first page, approached life as something to be endured. It's difficult to draw the line between stoicism and social underdevelopment, but Stoner wasn't a bitch and if that's how you're reading it you're just projecting
>>
>>8240665
Wouldn't be an edgy opinion at all to think one of John Williams novels is better than the other. I'm half way through butchers crossing now and it's written just as well. His prose is beautiful and clear and enjoyable all at once.
>>
>>8240772
I dont think stoners a whiner and thats why i think its whiney, i think the authors so /enlightened/ by his own /stoic/ Ideals he gets overly pretentious

But i literally said im projecting so yeah ik
>>
>>8240772
because he meekly gives up to his problems
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.