[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House of Leaves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 195x258
Has anyone ever read this? Is this worth the read? It seems really odd and confusing from what i've heard of it, but I'm very much intrigued.
>>
>>8239034

Le comfy quirky reddit book.

It's not confusing just annoying.
>>
I liked it, Its pretty interesting. Didn't find it confusing either, Although when i finished it I was a little disappointed.
>>
>>8239038
Is it a reddit book? I heard about it because a band I like has a song named after it.
>>
>>8239057
Why disappointed?
>>
>>8239059
Best song they've ever written imo
>>
>>8239070
You're kidding me, right? You know who i'm talking about, right?
>>
>>8239079
Circa
>>
>>8239082
It's definitely in my top 5 for them but imo, best song they've ever wrote is Your Friends Are Gone.
>>
>>8239082
>>8239093
Or even Semi-Constructive Criticism as well.
>>
its pretty good, the house is insanely fun/creepy/interesting. Its the best part of the book imo, but the story doesnt end how you want, and very anticlimactic.
>>
>>8239093
That's my favorite from on letting go, but I'm just burnt out on that album from when I was a depressive teenager 6-7 years ago and listened to it so much.

The crescendo with the harmonizing guitar solos over reversed vocals in House of Leaves is the most sonically interesting thing they've ever done imo. If I ever listen to them it's almost always only that song.
>>
>>8239059
You got a death wish, Johnny Truant?
>>
>>8239116
Have you ever heard just the intstrumental for it? it's fucking nutty.Honestly, Instrumental wise and Sound wise, it's my second favorite. I totally agree with you on it being one of the most interesting, but after the ten year tour of Junturna, I feel the same as you do with On Letting Go. Though, I really hope they do a ten year anniversary for OLG cause I think it would be crazy.
>>
>>8239119
The Fall of Troy, my boy.
>>
>>8239034
House of Leaves is someone saying "Boy, I really really love how Moby Dick constantly throws chapters of whale information at the reader, but my idea is for a spooky house. Hmm, I know! I'll just list names of architects and other proper nouns for-fucking-ever any time the reader is getting invested!"

No but seriously it creates a really visceral sense of unease that builds toward dread. I had to put it face down and out of sight to go to sleep because it built that so well.
It's a disappointing book by the end, and it doesn't offer too much in terms of prose merit, but it's a unique experience that's well worth a shot.
>>
It's more of an experience than a book. Great narrative, really gets under your skin. Unfortunately, the ending was somewhat... meh...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.