[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why average reader is so stupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: friend.jpg (47 KB, 512x342) Image search: [Google]
friend.jpg
47 KB, 512x342
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17927395-a-court-of-mist-and-fury

This is the highest rated book on Goodreads beating Brandon Sanderson' books? Why an average reader thinks young adult and fantasy is the epitome of literature?
>>
I am still not unconvinced that Goodreads isn't a prop for Amazon sales. Almost any book you go to will have a direct link to purchase it through Amazon. Keep in mind too how many people are paid or have bots leave positive reviews for their products- who's to say many popular reviewers on Goodreads are not also paid reviewers and promoters?
>>
> Why an average reader thinks young adult and fantasy is the epitome of literature?

No one thinks this shit is the epitome of literature but for most people it's going to be more entertaining than a fucking ancient tome about a monomaniacal sperg chucking harpoons at whales and 250 pages of pseudoscientific whale morphology and sailing equipment.
>>
>>8238835
It basically is. It's owned by Amazon and they even provide guidelines to authors for how best to use it for marketing. Goodreads legitimately is really popular. I don't think they have to pay people to use it. The goals of authors, popular readership, and Amazon align pretty closely in this case.
>>
>>8238880
>/thread
>>
>>8238887
You're right, that's a better way of putting it. I just think there's something sketchy about some reviewers who only give 4 and 5 star reviews, and nothing else. And always for recently released books.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.