[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this considered so great?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 181x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 181x271
Why is this considered so great?
>>
Because it has a lot of interesting concepts in it.
>>
Didn't you see all his advertisements?
>>
>>8233936
Borges is one of very few authors where if you can't appreciate his works then you have hopelessly shitty tastes.
>>
>>8233936
Artificios is better.
El Sur is probably my favorite short story.
>>
cause french postmoderns needed some hype reference in fiction form to decorate their vapid theories.
>>
>>8234231
Please read some books before coming back here
>>
>>8234244
im not talking about the writings themselves but about their popularity. im not sure hed be known outside his region if he hadnt been boosted by europeans.
>>
Are you shitting me?
Here in Latin America Borges is considered one of the greatest writers of the 20th century. His writing techniques are unique. As a literature student I always have to add him to my works cited. He achieved a very deep study in latin american and english matters regarding literature.
>>
>>8234156
It's part of Fictions.
>>
Borges had a very good grasp of the English language, I think one of his parents was British?
>>
>>8233936
Did you read it?
>>
Who knows dude
>>
>>8235192
one of his grandmas was english, and she spoke only english to her grandchildren. That's why Borges had a pretty good understanding of the language from an early age.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.