[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm thinking about subjects for the final work of my philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: SokalBW2.jpg (27 KB, 417x569) Image search: [Google]
SokalBW2.jpg
27 KB, 417x569
i'm thinking about subjects for the final work of my philosophy degree and i thought about something that could mix ethics with analytic philosophy

I know that Wittgenstein gave a speech where he talks about ethics as something "supernatural", G. E. Moore and his common sense also is near the ethics subject, Based Sokal and his Intellectual Impostures (though it can be far away from the ethics thing) and some Russell things, though he can get too political sometimes and i don't want my work to be a political centered thing

What can /lit/ recommend?
>>
you're not doing a philosophy degree or you would know ethics is live and well in analytic philosophy, a vibrant field, not something you'd need to 'mix'

stop baiting, go read a fucking book
>>
>>8230199

Jesus christ, i know, but in one hand we have the political-ethics and i don't want to get into that, neither into the science ethics. I want to see the meta-ethic sense, like Wittgenstein in his conference. Discussing the meaning and the value of ethics from an analytic perspective
>>
>>8230199

Btw, my university is purely continental, here in Spain people is talking Lacan and bullshit like that, we only studied a little of Analytic philosophy and even less about the ethics of that branch
>>
>>8230232
Be very careful when talking about ethics with regards to Wittgenstein. You might want to start with his Remarks on The Golden Bough and "A Lecture on Ethics" itself. Don't try and expound a non-ethical / linguistic / theory of mind sentence or proposition of Wittgenstein to provide some insight into his views on ethics.

But really you'll end up talking about Kierkegaard somewhere down the line, I feel.
>>
File: 1467411747824.png (436 KB, 498x516) Image search: [Google]
1467411747824.png
436 KB, 498x516
>>8230193
>Based Sokal
>>
Feyerabend?

Kant's proof of morality from conscience?

William James' "Will to Believe?"
>>
>>8230218
>Discussing the meaning and the value of ethics from an analytic perspective

what are you on about? there are a million and a half writers working on ethics in the analytic tradition, from an "analytic perspective." You're gonna have to narrow your focus quite a bit. And if it's your final project for your degree you probably want to do it on something you've already studied, rather than a field you just today discovered existed.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.