[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many words can you skip and still claim to have read a particular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: DFW.jpg (63 KB, 168x192) Image search: [Google]
DFW.jpg
63 KB, 168x192
How many words can you skip and still claim to have read a particular book?
>>
>>8226248
go to bed, Tai Lopez
>>
Personally I like to read the surfaces of triscuits until I have an interpretation for every line and crossing desu family
>>
>>8226248
>>
>>8226248
the number of words that there are in the book
>>
156 in the states, used to be 118 but it was changed in 2004 to balance out the waning American interest in literature

not sure about other countries, I've heard it's some 300 in certain parts of mexico
>>
>>8226257
>>8226263
>>8226267
>>8226275
>>8226280
I thought you guys liked Philosophy
>>
>>8226275
Clever.
>>
>>8226248
I skipped about 85% of his footnotes and got everything.
>>
I want some DFW pastas
>>
>>8226248
This is an interesting question. Obviously a little derivative or maybe even generic, but i'm glad i saw your post as it will give me something to think about
>>
You get to skip one word, so choose carefully.
>>
>>8226299
No, we're interested in KNOWLEDGE
>>
>>8226280
This is a good post.
>>
>>8226786
You didn't get the experience of reading his footnotes.
>skipping back and forth to read notes
>zomg wow it's kind of like tennis!!! xD
dfw confirmed for genius
>>
just read the last page and you're good
>>
>>8227815
Kek'd and then doubted myself.
>>
File: all of them.jpg (32 KB, 639x359) Image search: [Google]
all of them.jpg
32 KB, 639x359
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.