[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Pastoral trailer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: american pastoral.jpg (37 KB, 320x499) Image search: [Google]
american pastoral.jpg
37 KB, 320x499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAAqiO_Z9Vs

along with Inherent Vice, might this be the rebirth of literary kino?
>>
>>8225771
That book was trash, and I don't expect the movie to be any different.
>>
>>8225796
The book is excellent, actually, but a lot of Roth's books have film adaptations.
>>
Lol of course they show the explosion right at the start of the trailer because that's what gets audiences interested
>>
File: roth daddy.png (218 KB, 565x461) Image search: [Google]
roth daddy.png
218 KB, 565x461
>>8225796
>the book was trash
Roth 2deep4u?

My main complaint with the trailer is that it uses fucking Mad World. It's 2016. Really? I'll see it for certain.

I am interested in this new wave of movies being based on literary books. Between this, Carol, and Genius we might have the beginnings of something good.

Also, I guess I liked Carol but can anyone explain to me why it was "so good?"
>>
Dakota Fanning's too hot and not fat enough to play the character
>>
>>8225846
I definitely did groan when I heard the Donnie Darko song start up
>>
>>8225856
yeah i hope its just a somewhat mediocre trailer for a good movie. the casting seems pretty good as did the cinematography.
>>
Surprised this is actually getting a wide release
>>
>>8225846
>Mad World

not to mention the singer has that fucking elf voice shit. absolutely no style of singing is more grating than that horrid imagineers voice.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.