[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've asked before what is the cutting-edge of Literary Theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: odyssey-9781451674187_hr.jpg (352 KB, 1400x2110) Image search: [Google]
odyssey-9781451674187_hr.jpg
352 KB, 1400x2110
I've asked before what is the cutting-edge of Literary Theory right now, and generally the attitude seems to be that Literary Theory as a movement isn't current any more and reached a degree of end.

In which case, what did Literary Theory conclude? Literary Theory's aim was to understand the nature of literature, no? If it's at an end then it must have reached something of an answer right?

I'm working my way through it and so far I'm in the middle of a big sprawling mass that I'm having trouble condensing. I want to in some ways master literary theory so that I can use it as a tool when writing, so I'm properly informed about the nature of what I'm writing.

Does anybody else here feel they're more or less in that position? Or am I fundamentally misunderstanding the whole nature of the study?
>>
>>8224725

I've just finished an intro to lit course and I can tell you it's all about how white men are evil. Literally every book is about how white men are racist and sexist.
>>
>>8224728

Sounds about right.
>>
Literary theory totally collapsed in on itself with post-modernism around the 60s/70s (espousing meaning is impossible to nail down). From the ashes arose the notion that all the different particular theories (historical, feminist, psychoanalytic, etc.) had value as points of view, but that there is no singular perspective. At least that's what I took away from a very, very, very brief look into it.
>>
>>8226067

Why was it not possible to get a singular perspective? Because of the impossibility to nail down meaning?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.