[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ Started reading this. Have absolutely no idea what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey /lit/

Started reading this. Have absolutely no idea what the fuck Deleuze is saying. Should i continue? Is this because I have not read enough philosophy (this reason is quite probable. If it is this what should i read to prepare myself? ) Does it make more sense the second or third read? Is the effort worth it?

Also general philosophy 'what are you reading, what are you struggling with, what are you working on' thread. All philosophy welcome not just continental rubbish.
>>
>>8224606
What possible reason would encourage you to start with one of the most esoteric and dense philosophers of the 20th century if you've barely read any philosophy?
>>
>>8224651
This. Fuck off, OP... and start with the greeks.
>>
>>8224651
It was recommended to me by my lecturer.
>>
>he fell for the 20th century French philosophy meme

stop reading fake books
>>
>>8224606
Of course it makes more sense the more you read it, but it would be limited if you don't have a clue where he comes from
He has other works which are equally hard but far much more retributive for someone jumping in without particularly knowing
>>
greeks

descartes

kant

this is a bare minimum for deleuze
>>
Regarding to the second topic of the thread: I'm currently on a philosophical adventure its end is (ideally) understand the work of Alain Badiou. Has anyone any knowledge about what should I get my hands into? I have drawn a path to it but it would be nice to also hear from you.
>>
>>8224658
pretty sure its real dude I mean it has pages and everything
>>
>>8224606
He's the Garfunkel of G&D. Just ignore him.
>>
>>8224658
then how do you expect me to understand Nick Land memes?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.