[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some books about finding happiness in solitude? I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: hahah.png (10 KB, 797x178) Image search: [Google]
hahah.png
10 KB, 797x178
What are some books about finding happiness in solitude? I need a way to accept loneliness.

(I don't browse r9k nor do I hate women)
>>
>>8221225
Take the redpill.

Women are simply inferior, your better off without them
>>
>>8221233
there isnt any reasoning behind womens inferiority

as bitter as i am (and trust me, im pretty fucking bitter) it is not the fault of a gender for my loneliness and it is immature and vindictive to think otherwise
>>
bamp
>>
I used to be in the same position. At the end of the day, if you don't enjoy being in solitude now, you're probably never going to, no matter what books you read. It's all just ways of ignoring what you really want out of life.
>>
>>8221266
He be trollin'.

You might try Walden by Henry Thoreau
>>
>>8221266
>there isnt any reasoning behind womens inferiority

oh you sweet summer child
>>
>>8221225

Stop being a bitch.
>>
>>8221225
Thoughts in Solitude by Thomas Merton
>>
You don't need to read any book. You just need to stop being such a whiny bitch. You can literally be happy right now if you put your mind to it.
>>
>>8221225
I've always lived alone and I'm fine with it except when I got to bed at night I'd like to have someone to cuddle :|
>>
It doesn't have to be any particular book. Just read and read a lot and you'll find the company of your favorite authors and literary characters more satisfying and cathartic than interacting with actual people. I've always been an introvert though so loneliness and solitude comes naturally to me.
>>
steppenwolfe
>>
Pro tip about being happy while alone: be alone :)

The best solitude moments are without any book to distract you, or anything else for that manner.
>>
>>8221225
Read Seneca OP
>>
You would probably just need to find a book on masturbation tips.

Or, if you can afford the habit, books with advice on drugs--but this gets you in contact with the more unsavory elements of the human race.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.