[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i read faster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1466666415973.jpg (282 KB, 2048x1382) Image search: [Google]
1466666415973.jpg
282 KB, 2048x1382
How can i read faster?
>>
>>8218435
Just skip every third or fourth word
And if you feel the paragraph offers you nothing, move on.
>>
>>8218435

by posting better meme pics in the threads that you start
>>
>>8218435
Read more, eat ass, stop subvocalizing
>>
>>8218543
This is the correct answer to most questions.
>>
put it on x2 speed
>>
>>8218435
Don't. Take the time to understand. Let the words change your thoughts, or let them distract you into self oblivion. Fuck the reality that is tied to literature
>>
>>8218446
Retard

>>8218543
>>8218608
These guys got it. There's no fucking secret, the more you read the faster you'll read, like anything else. Jesus fuck.
>>
instead of reading the words. look at the entire like and say in your head 'this sentence says that happened' - ' this sentence said that happened' - this sentence said he went there' - 'this sentence said it looked like xyx'

now do this without saying anything in your head at all.
>>
>>8218435
Meth.
>>
>>8218543
>stop subvocalizing
Why? That's completely stupid. That way you'll miss out on the beauty of the prose.

Unless we're talking about non-fiction of course.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.