[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had an experience like this, /lit/? I work in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: Steve Eley - Serah Eley.jpg (215 KB, 1105x430) Image search: [Google]
Steve Eley - Serah Eley.jpg
215 KB, 1105x430
Have you ever had an experience like this, /lit/?

I work in animation and listen to a lot of audio fiction podcasts as I work (since I obviously can't watch anything).
One of my favourites was Escape Pod for science fiction.
>Hosted by Steve Eley
>Awesome sci-fi stories each week
>Really thankful to the guy for putting out all this great stuff for free. I've been listening for years.
>Gradually Steve starts to talk about Polyamory and how he and his wife fuck other people.
>Stories aired start to get a bit more... "progressive". Some trans stuff, lots of gay stuff, some with "pronouns" like xe and xir.
>The podcast starts a yearly "celebration of women, non-binary and trans authors"
>Steve leaves the show mysteriously (years and years ago now)
>This year reemerged calling himself "Serah Eley", a polyamorous trans woman.
>Steve's bio now reads:
>"She strangely mispronounced her name as Steve Eley at the time; she’s since realized that life is much more fun as a woman, and came out as transgender last year. Serah lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her two wives, Alison and Cat. So if there were ever any betting pools on what happened to Steve: changed sex, joined a committed lesbian love triangle is the dark horse winner."

What the fuck am I supposed to think now?
I guess that old adage about "separate the author from the work, always" is proven true again.
>>
Top kek is it actually true
>>
what's the point of being a girl if you're not pretty?
>>
>>8217339
>What the fuck am I supposed to think now?
Do you still enjoy the podcast?

If you do, keep listening.

If you don't, stop listening.

Also, have you ever listened to the Myths and Legends podcast?

It's pretty good (mythpodcast.com) if you like listening to stories while doing stuff.
>>
And James Joyce had an enduring farting fetish.

And plenty of gay authors (better authors than you, for sure) had such consistently violent buttsex that they got AIDS and died.
>>
File: TTTcover.2013August.jpg (198 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
TTTcover.2013August.jpg
198 KB, 500x647
POST BEST PODCAST STORIES.

This is the best Lovecraft reading I've heard. And the host, Larry Santoro, is fucking awesome.

http://talestoterrify.com/tales-to-terrify-no-82-h-p-lovecraft-part-1-of-at-the-mountains-of-madness/

I got into Tales to Terrify last year and binge listened whilst working.
After listening to the podcast for hundreds of episodes, I got to one where Larry wasn't there anymore. The next episode explained that he'd died.
>>
File: 1399314111896.png (346 KB, 446x406) Image search: [Google]
1399314111896.png
346 KB, 446x406
>>8217339
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (381 KB, 943x751) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
381 KB, 943x751
I've listened to Escape Pod podcast for years but it's been getting increasingly "progressive" with it's trans and non-standard pronoun stories.

http://escapepod.org/2015/07/20/ep499-sounding-the-fall/

>Narae falters at the edge of the lawn. Ey brings the roll of rice paper to eir nose, gives it a tentative sniff, and releases an explosive sigh; Narae would bet a week’s worth of chores that it’s real–none of that backstreet synth hash with its foul aftertaste. Muttering a guilty prayer, ey palms the joint.

People commented on the forum in quite a civil manner, saying that the "ey and "xir" and "eir" stuff took them out of the story, only to be mocked in the next episode as whining and not deserving of a response.
>>
>>8217470
>ey

Honestly, I don't think there are any new pronouns that wouldn't sound retarded.
>>
You're supposed to think about posting on-topic threads on /lit/.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.