[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw addicted to reading and broadening my intellect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: eaZrosc.png (363 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363 KB, 5000x5000
>tfw addicted to reading and broadening my intellect
>>
ok
>>
>>8216707
Better than being addicted to heroin I guess.
>>
>>8216707
Could be worse, lad.

Sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming though, I suggest making time for doing nothing and maybe some meditation.

Otherwise it's like perpetually eating without ever taking a shit.
>>
File: 1462333292094.jpg (94 KB, 291x273) Image search: [Google]
1462333292094.jpg
94 KB, 291x273
>>8216707

>tfw addicted to 4chan
>>
Good for you! Good luck!
>>
>>8216707
I wish I was addicted to reading.
>>
you are so smart la
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 194x259
this question doesn't deserve its own thread so i'll co-opt this one. How do i get into non fiction?
all i read is fiction and poetry. i want to know why people read non fiction and how i can do it too.
>>
https://youtu.be/PXGipje16iM
>>
>reading aimlessly
>just consuming literature to pass the time
>bloating youself with text indiscriminately

>broadening your intellect

top kek. Don't kid yourself faggot, you only read novels.
>>
>>8222887
novels are the most intellectual thing you can read
>>
>>8222911

You're as much of an intellectual as someone who just reads the wikipedia article about the book.
>>
>>8222935
>acting superior on this anonymous south korean claymation bulletin board
>>
>>8222887
novels are intellectually honest in that they don't pretend to """""""""truth"""""""",
they are therefore more patrician,
>>
>>8216707
the problem of "free will" is an irrelevant question for bourgeois philosophy to entertain itself with.
>>
>>8216707
God I wish that was me. It would give me something to really immerse myself with over long stretches of time.
>>
>>8222949
>claymation
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>8216830
Is it though
>>
>>8216942
Me too
>>
>>8222862
just read about a subject you're interested in, economics, psychology, psychiatry, whatever
>>
>>8222862
Depends on what you're after. If you're looking for gonzo/biographies there is some good stuff... Certainly having literary merit.

>My left foot
>Asylum by William Seabrook
>Death be not proud
>The tiger: a true story of vengeance and survival

That's off the top of my head. Stuff I would consider literary non-fiction. Stuff I would highly recommend.
>>
tfw when internet addiction is ruining my life
>>
>>8224945
No, internet just helps you cope with your already inherently shitty life
>>
>>8216707
Suggest me a book.
>>
>tfw reading and broadening your intellect provide you with no more tangible benefits than playing videogames all day
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.