[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me some books that are similar to Twin Peaks or Silent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg (69 KB, 382x288) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg
69 KB, 382x288
Recommend me some books that are similar to Twin Peaks or Silent Hill 2 etc. I'm in the mood for comfy american small town mysteries with supernatural/paranormal nuances.
>>
>>8214423
Kys

>>>/tv/
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>8214423
Just check out Stephen King. He's the McDonald's of literature and does a lot of this stuff.
>>
>>8214441
Yeah he was the first author in my mind. But I don't quite know which of his books fits my desires. And as you said, he is the mcdonalds of literature, so... Maybe something other than King?
>>
Most of Emily Brönte's later stuff, that one scifi book Pessoa wrote, and another by an author whose name I forget called The Melonheads of Pollock County.
>>
File: full dark.jpg (43 KB, 657x1000) Image search: [Google]
full dark.jpg
43 KB, 657x1000
>>8214441
In ref to King, you ought to try some of his collections of novellas or short stories to feel him out.

I love his writing, however some can't tolerate the full length novels.

Try pic related or everything eventual.
>>
>>8214493
Gonna check those out, thanks.

>>8214504
Actually I prefer short stories alltogether. I can't commit to a long story if I don't know if I'll like it or not.
>>
>>8214423
In Cold Blood feels like Twin Peaks to me.
>>
>>8214423
You might like Suttree, or Outer Dark
>>
>>8213752
Honestly don't think it's been done all that much in literature, the idea kind of fundamentally relies on the imagery.
The only thing I can think of that comes close is House of Leaves. Give that a shot OP. It seems to be love it or hate it (I love it) but at worst it's better than Stephen King.
Also check out Borges if you haven't, might scratch the same itch. Pick up a copy of Labyrinths.
If you're not averse to fun, like most of the tryhards on this board are, I also suggest John Dies at the End and it's sequel.
>>
>>8214423
Some of Thomas Ligotti's stories produce a feeling reminiscent of Silent Hill.
>>
>>8214762
Ligotti sounds interesting, any recommendation?
>>
>>8214774
His story collection Teatro Grotessco is good.
>>
>>8214423
Knut Hamsun's Mysteries was recommended in a last thread where anon wanted books similar to Twin Peaks, didn't read it but sounds i teresting
>>
>>8214423
One of my first favorite books was Under the Lake by Stuart Woods. It's really comfy, in a small town, with semi-supernatural stuff.
I think it's also the first book of Stuart Woods who lately seems to have drowned into endless saga and memes books.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.