[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like reading but the problem is it takes me so fucking long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: me.jpg (50 KB, 499x488) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
50 KB, 499x488
I like reading but the problem is it takes me so fucking long to finish anything. I'm slowly getting quicker the more I read but Jesus it's taking forever. Any tips on getting quicker faster?
>>
Try reading in the morning when there are fewer distractions in your mind. That helps me focus, and less distraction = faster, smoother reading. If you can't read in the morning for whatever reason, you could also try meditating for a bit beforehand.
>>
>>8214190
Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast.
>>
>>8214209
>in the morning when there are fewer distractions in your mind
>tfw wake up and minds already raging at >her
>>
File: prayer.jpg (155 KB, 739x1080) Image search: [Google]
prayer.jpg
155 KB, 739x1080
>>8214190
read higher quality material and savor the writing, hold it in your mouth as though you had fetched up a fine bite of white cheese macaroni or a sip of 20 dollar/bottle wine
>>
File: how to read faster and better.jpg (41 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
how to read faster and better.jpg
41 KB, 310x400
>>
Slow reading is okay. Accept how you are. My mother reads incredibly fast, just like my girlfriend. I'm quite slow. But i read every word, because i want to get the most out of what i'm reading.
It just depends what you set your sight on. You can start flying over texts, like reading only the big words, and you'll normally get the whole thought as well. It takes some training, but in like 2-3 days you should notice yourself getting much better at it.
I don't like reading like that, because i like reading every word and getting the most out of the book im reading.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.