[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /lit/ feel about warhammer 40k novels? I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 284x177
How does /lit/ feel about warhammer 40k novels? I've never read one but I'd like to start, what are some of the better entries?
>>
>>8213800

Shiterature.
>>
Eisenhorn,Gaunts Ghost
>>
they are absolute shit. A boring slog through repetitive dialogue and endlessly dreary fight scenes in which no one does anything even remotely out of the ordinary.

Some of the IG and other cannon works are "inspired" (plagerized) by classical works, but you are probably much better off just reading those, as they only constitute a brief reference or short story in and of themselves, while the rest is homo-erotic drudgery.
>>
>>8213800
/lit/ - literature
>>
>>8215289
I have nothing against vulgar works but the one law in entertainment is "Don't be boring". Its like someone gently tapping a brick against your forehead until you start drooling.
>>
>>8213800
I happen to think they sell because they are boring, because they are predictable. They do not challenge the reader in any way and give you exactly what you want to hear, and is that not the wish of every tyrant?

somebody must be masterfully skilled or wonderfully conceited to either artfully concoct such a deliberate fantasy or to have no sense of shame in writing such masturbatory fantasy.

The author should take some perverse pride in knowing that they possess such mastery of the self to produce such awful works yet prostitute them anyway.

Armor of contempt. Hmph! An entire armoury of it they must have! To look down on the world in such a way as to say, "This is my shit! It took me months to pass this through my cogitator down through my colon and now you fuckers are going to EAT IT!!"

All the more amazing then, that they do.
>>
>>8213800
>HONOUR AND GLORY BROTHERS! SHOUTED KNIGHT-CAPTAIN ALPHEESIUS AS HIS CUSTOMIZED THUNDER-BOLTER LOADED WITH TITANIUM COSMOS-RAPER ROUNDS ROARED AND FIRED INTO THE MOB OF HERETICS.
>PURGE FOR HONOUR AND GLORY SHOUTED HIS COMRADES!
enjoy nothing but that all the time, unless you read eisenhorn.

Eisenhorn is also fucking terrible
>>
>>8213800
I read some of them, and in my opinion they are crap, probably like all tie-in novels. The books by Dan Abnett I liked the most and those are just mediocre.
>>
>>>/v/
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.