[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss the idea of the Ubermensch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Nietzsche.jpg (2 MB, 1956x2940) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.jpg
2 MB, 1956x2940
Discuss the idea of the Ubermensch?
>>
File: uber.jpg (167 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
uber.jpg
167 KB, 1024x773
Nietzsche was a good guy.

All those with tragic insight are not so far from becoming Ubermensch. The only difficulty being maintaining buoyancy in a world such as this one.
>>
To literally WORSHIP Nietzsche. He didnt want us young, budding philosophers to do this, but He also wants us to THINK FOR OURSELVES!
>>
It is to meld the unconscious and the conscious via experimentation and inquiries of lucid dreams. But to be used for right, not wrong.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/focus-forgiveness/201307/conscious-the-unconscious
>>
File: Übermensch_Finale_Form.jpg (526 KB, 950x715) Image search: [Google]
Übermensch_Finale_Form.jpg
526 KB, 950x715
>>8211105
Well, in my humble opinion, the Übermensch is the carefree and fire-hearted more-than-man. He is idealistic version of a true lover of life. But he is also the ideal wanderer, the ideal warrior, the ideal thinker. In essence, he fully embraces both what makes him a human/animal (emotions, love, etc.) but also what makes him more than an animal (intelligence, art, the search for a telos).
It´s a very complicated concept, too big for words.
>>
>>8211117
what is this statue
>>
>>8212607
neoclassical bs doesn't need name
>>
>>8212631
can u jus tell me please
i really like the aesthetics
>>
File: 1392727798216.jpg (162 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
1392727798216.jpg
162 KB, 1024x773
>>8212640
I think it's by that nazi sculptor
>>
>>8211808
Sounds like judge holden lmao
>>
File: ORDINARYHIGHSCHOOLNOVELISTS.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ORDINARYHIGHSCHOOLNOVELISTS.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
i haven't read much of him because I find it to be way too difficult, i also find the prose very awkward, at least in the Genealogy of Morals and Truth and Lie in the Non-moral Sense (which is probably the most accessible thing by him).

anyway, if i had to hazard a guess it would be that the Ubermensch is the Apollonian person harmonizing with, or a developing an equally pronounced, Dionysian drive/will.
>>
>>8212607
helios
>>
>>8211289
This article is not that bad, but it won't help solidify your point, do you have any other sources that help clarify the whole "melding" concept and how it relates to the OP.
>>
>>8212640
arno breker
>>
>>8211289
isn't this what Jung argued with individuation?

basically where one learns to fully understand and either make peace with or satisfy all their unconscious desires if they want to become a properly developed person, i.e. the ubermensch
>>
>>8212661
You must be at least 18 years old to post on 4chan. Delete this post.
>>
>>8211105
The Ubermensch is the mensch that has overcome itself, and has seen through all spooks in the process. Such an individual is yet to exist.
>>
The human being is too divided and flawed to ever obtain such a state. But in at least attempting you do better yourself.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.