[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's behind the window, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: window.jpg (20 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
window.jpg
20 KB, 800x601
What's behind the window, /lit/?
>>
We are
>>
>>8210423
Your mom svckin my dick to be desu
>>
>>8210423
A perfectly drawn sheep.
>>
>>8210438
SAVAGE
>>
>>8210423
The dying leftovers of an idealistic and failed movement in Latin American literature, lying on a dead granny and two robots.
>>
>>8210423
the book itself
>>
That's not a window, that's a picture of a dotted-line rectangle
>>
There are obviously a lot of thematic/symbolic interpretations, how it parallels Cesárea's poem and the novel's own tripartite structure and all that, but are there any decent literal ones? Didn't the character, who gave the answer to the first two riddles, have something in mind with the last one?
>>
>>8210423
Rob
>>
>>8210423
There is nothing behind the window.
>>
>>8211399

Ese es el punto. El libro nos arroja a nuestra suerte. A nuestras propias interpretaciones.
>>
>>8211437
I understand that, and I want to hear those interpretations.

It just seems weird to me that I've never seen anyone try a non-meta approach (though, granted, I haven't sought out any deeper written analyses, just gathered bits and pieces from discussions and Internet posts), which would surely be thematically appropriate, much like you can connect the star and the sheets to the story. Many don't even seem to acknowledge the dashed outline as important.
>>
>>8210423
another window. it belongs to the house next door. it is the window in the bedroom where the woman and her husband sleep. it is the room where she strips out of her clothes every night before bed. it is the room where i long to be with her. if only she knew how i felt. if only she could feel for me the way i feel for her.
>>
File: 11-565-1-PB.jpg (50 KB, 502x617) Image search: [Google]
11-565-1-PB.jpg
50 KB, 502x617
>>
>>8211503
2deep4u
>>
screamers
>>
so is this like a reference to something?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.