[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how accurate is the GOT PAID BY THE CHAPTER meme that seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Dickens.jpg (160 KB, 814x1190) Image search: [Google]
Dickens.jpg
160 KB, 814x1190
So how accurate is the GOT PAID BY THE CHAPTER meme that seems to dog Dickens?

Is his work really pointlessly overly long? I was thinking of picking up Oliver Twist.
>>
>>8208210
Regardless they tend to be filled with good substance.
>>
>>8208210

He got paid per installment.

Dickens was probably a hack who lengthened his work, but he's a very talented hack. Oliver Twist is short and accessible and you might enjoy it.
>>
>>8208210
one of the greatest prose writers in the english language
>>
File: knowbrow.jpg (75 KB, 598x566) Image search: [Google]
knowbrow.jpg
75 KB, 598x566
Could someone just get paid by the post ?

>Maybe intricately crafted 4chan posts ?

Actually thou, the Love is Always Free
>>
>>8208366

I bet you've never read Dickens in your life
>>
File: The Dickens.jpg (141 KB, 610x877) Image search: [Google]
The Dickens.jpg
141 KB, 610x877
>>8208495

Give her the Dickens
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.