[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the literary equivalent of the opening scene in TDKR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1466377799923.png (304 KB, 799x903) Image search: [Google]
1466377799923.png
304 KB, 799x903
What is the literary equivalent of the opening scene in TDKR? My professor told me ficciones by Borges, is that true?
>>
>>8201364
>What is the literary equivalent of the opening scene in TDKR?

a badly drawn penis on a wet bar napkin
>>
>>8201377
By whom?
>>
>>8201364
I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.”
>>
The opening scene of The Dark Knight Returns, sometimes known as "Bane on Plane," is generally considered to be a variant of surrealism or Dadaism, usually with existential or postmodern undertones related to collapse of meaning and the visceral absurdity of confusion in a symbolic order. On this reading, the scene is designed to evoke a kind of uncanny valley effect in the viewer by presenting him with what is ostensibly an incredibly conventional narrative and semiotic holism - an American action caper, constructed so prototypically from cliches and familiar devices that even the exciting "reveal" of Bane's identity has its anagnorisis and payoff botched well before its presentation as dramatic climax - but subtly and systemically undermining the possibility of semiotic stability throughout the scene, and thereby sabotaging the possibility of the viewer's fusion with the film's semiotic horizon. The experience of watching Bane on Plane is one of profound unease and even dissociation, as the viewer continually tries to assemble coherent meanings, motives, and purposes from a train of malformed tropes, allegories, and metaphors; narratological intuition continually fails to discover any implicit humanity in the behaviour of the actors. The mind reflexively brackets the scene as likely to admit of little variation in its seemingly familiar, even monolithic tropes, but is continually surprised to find that near every trope is "misbehaving." Where at first a single puzzle piece does not "fit" with its puzzle, it is quickly realised that none of the pieces fit; and that this, perhaps, is not a puzzle at all. When asked whether the work of Foucault and Deleuze on the epistemic experience of schizophrenia influenced his choices in his role as Bane, Tom Hardy declined to comment, but referenced Foucault on the discursive constitution of the author-function.
>>
>>8201364
Kafka's metamorphosis.

"I can't believe that improbable thing happened!"

"There are so many layers of interpretation!"
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.