[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was recently FORCED this pile of garbage. I'm an advanced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Hatchet.jpg (20 KB, 236x400) Image search: [Google]
Hatchet.jpg
20 KB, 236x400
I was recently FORCED this pile of garbage. I'm an advanced reader and it was a relatively short, easy to swallow book but it took me FOREVER TO READ IT. because it was THAT FUCKING BORING. It's about this stupid snot of a kid whose parents are getting divorced (mom and dad broke up! boo-hoo :'( i'm scarred for life now!) and somehow his plane goes down in the wilderness of Canada (which I can admit is the scariest fucking thing I can possibly think of. I'd rather be faced with the zombie apocalypse or a gang of mass murdering rapists than being stuck in the middle of Canada) so snot-face has to learn to survive on his own. He has a hatchet that his mom gave him (though I really can't say what possessed her to give her poor no-one-wants-me warning signs of future school shootings son a HATCHET, but she does) and he eventually stops crying and figures out how to pick berries and chop trees. Or saplings. Or something. I don't know. All I know is, this is the worst book EVER. UGH.
>>
g8 b8 m8
>>
Books women will never understand
>>
His name was Gary Paulsen.
>>
>>8198674
This is a book for children. You read a children's book.
>>
>>8198681
can women understand any books?

perhaps cookbooks.
>>
Oh god that cover made me click, didnt even read because too drunk, just thought, oh damn... dat nostalgia
>>
>>8198674
i remember reading this in 5th grade.

on a side note has anyone read call of the wild? is it any good? i have an urge to read a wilderness story. feel free to recommend me something.
>>
>>8198674
reads like a /v/ post once you go past the infantile videogame hate meme banter
>>
>>8198877
Call of the Wild is great read.
White Fang is not bad either.
Check 'em when you feel too tied to the modern age.
>>
>>8198674
We had it read to us in year four at primary which I think is third grade in the US?
Is it worth reading as an adult to actually understand or is it a bad childrens book?
>>
>>8198999
It's just boring for the most part.
>>
>>8199010
t.city boi
>>
>>8198999
Trips checked.
>>
File: 1466597630975.png (388 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
1466597630975.png
388 KB, 640x358
Read it in gradeschool. Don't remember much except some tenuous connection to Call of the Wild. Memory playing tricks on me (I also thought Rodan and Top Gun were the same movie as a kid).

I think there was a sequel which we had to read, too. Kid is stuck in the wild again, this time with a friend. He shits himself.
>>
>>8199016

>imblying paulsen holds a candle to chekhov or any romantic writer

okie buddy.
>>
>>8198674
This book is "The Giver"-tier (that's a good thing by the way), maybe even better.
>>
Its a great YA book
>>
>>8198674
How old are you and why were you "forced" to read it? It's elementary school-tier.
>>
>>8199311
If kids are reading it in the 4th grade, it's not YA. This is straight-up a children's book.
>>
>>8198674
So, Summer is finally here.
>>
>>8199323
and children's books >>>> YA
>>
>>8199421
Yes, but there's no real reason to read them as an adult unless it's to kids of your own or something. YA is worse in the sense that there's never a good reason for it period, while there's a time and place for children's books.
>>
>>8198674
so.. What you're saying is that you're in middle school and shouldn't be here?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.