[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need books that I am going to put on my e-reader while travelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: fear-and-loathing.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fear-and-loathing.jpg
541 KB, 1920x1080
I need books that I am going to put on my e-reader while travelling through China for 2 months.

Basically I'm looking from short stories to medium-sized novellas that are rather easily digestable (so I'm avoiding Dostoyevsky or Stirner and the like).

I would love to read stuff in the trend of Fear and Loathing and A Clockwork Orange, but as I said, anything goes really as long it has a good vibe for reading while travelling in the summer.

Any suggestions?

>inb4 John Green
>>
>>8192347

Rum Diaries obviously. But you really won't do much reading, trust me on that. Travelling and reading don't go along all that well.
>>
>>8192354

Well I'm learning Chinese simultaneously, but I'd love to read as well on those 20+ hours bullet train trips.
>>
>>8192347

You can just admit you're a pleb if you'd like and i can give you YA recommendations.
>>
>>8192364

Haha, why not. Give me your best.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
14 KB, 300x168
>dostoevsky
>not easily digestible

Pic related is perfect for you OP
>>
>>8192347
If you're just looking for cozy stories you should read The Illustrated Man
>>
>>8192354
>>8192375

Noted.
>>
>>8192347
In the trend of fear and loathing and Las Vegas and a clockwork orange. Wtf trend is that?
>>
>>8192578
>Wtf trend is that?
weird shit
>>
>>8192590

Obviously. It also fits the category short story to medium-sized novella, and not so difficult to read so perfect for travelling.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.