[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pocket Journals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160621_150818.jpg (2 MB, 2562x3670) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_150818.jpg
2 MB, 2562x3670
Post your pocket journals
This bullshit is handmade with natural paper mane. It's pretty cash
The top that ties it though doesn't have anything to secure it and it's starting to fray. It's really my only complaint. The paper is nice and thick and pleasantly textured.
>>
Do you actually write in that? Looks like it'd be uncomfortable as hell to write more than two words
>>
File: IMG_20160621_151329.jpg (2 MB, 2952x3290) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_151329.jpg
2 MB, 2952x3290
Excuse the fagotry of my writing but yes. I write in it pretty frequently. I don't really have any problems with it. It's just meant for free writing, and a short story I'm kind of working on. It's the perfect size for a pocket notebook and if I've got a nice pen handy I don't really have any trouble with it.
>>
>>8191784
I always buy nice journals, then leave them in a drawer because they're too nice to write my inconsequential bollocks in.
>>
>>8191825
I have often found that to be true for myself as well, but the truth is an object made for a purpose wasting away in a cupboard not fulfilling the one thing it was made for is sadder to me. The journal of course doesn't care, but I hate seeing the thing as a big ball of wasted potential. I may as well fill it with drivel because creation is better than nothing.
Plus, how are you going to get any better if you don't practice?
>>
>>8191808
Once I encountered an insane homeless lady on the street with a similar looking 'journal'.
>>
>>8191856
I think in my core I'm a crazy homeless lady. Maybe.
I'm just going to accept your criticism as accurate.
>>
File: elric_library.jpg (35 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
elric_library.jpg
35 KB, 620x465
What about commonplace books? Anyone like to jot down passages of books you like, or take notes on events you've observed for future use?
>>
>>8191784
>>8191808
>>8191865
All of this seems very much like you're trying hard to achieve an "effortless bohemian" style.
>>
>>8192043
Nah.
But maybe.
I mean I don't know if I do anything specifically to seem bohemian. It seems like people who try that shit are just hipsters
I was totally doing that before it was cool
Wait..
>>
>>8192050
I mean, Buddha, really? I don't think I'm taking too much of a gamble by guessing you're a white male of European heritage and a Christian culture. This Buddhism-fascination-phase every other teen/young adult goes through is just such a cliche. What, did you recently have your first joint?
>>
File: qed.jpg (282 KB, 648x728) Image search: [Google]
qed.jpg
282 KB, 648x728
I do have one of those fancy "natural paper" notebooks with leather like that but it's actually a real pain to write in. It was a present, I wouldn't have bought something that useless. I have this, it's small enough to fit in a pocket and I can fit a lot of words on a page as my handwriting is also tiny.
>>
I have a red hand-made water-marbled notebook I bought in Venice
I've been trying to figure out for years what purpose is worthy of it.

>1. For journal-keeping whilst I undergo psychiatric treatment (minus: it'll mostly be embarrassing ramblings)
>2. For writing down thoughts about my lovers (minus: only a few pages needed, at most)
>3. For writing down quotes, lines from poetry, song lyrics, etc which stuck with me (minus: bit teenagy)

Which do you vote for?
>>
>>8192097
Well actually I'm of Italian and Irish heritage and I was raised an atheist. My interest in Buddhism only extends to the symbology and art associated with it, though my wife used to actually practice.
Plus first joint? Jesus. I can't even remember my first joint.
>>
>>8192162
If you've been thinking about it that long I figure you don't have anything worth writing down.
>>
>>8192162
Yes to all three.
I think pocket journals should be stream of consciousness. If you structure it too much you'll be less likely to lose it. But that's just my personal preference.
>>
>>8192100
I wish I had a fucking wire mesh like that on the side to put my pen on like you do.
Otherwise I love my journal.
But nice drawing man.
>>
>>8192050
>waaah people are being creative I stead of just shitposting on 4chan >:(
>>
>>8192097
That's Vairochana you plebmaster.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.