[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a qt commented on the book i was reading at work and i couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1466477728826.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1466477728826.png
74 KB, 412x351
a qt commented on the book i was reading at work and i couldn't continue he conversation because i had a line of other customers

just fuck my shit up lads
>>
When's her funeral?
>>
>>8188738
Well no self-respecting individual ever conducts business at the same establishment more than once, so rest assured you'll never see her again.
>>
>>8188738
>reading at work
>WHILE WORKING
>WITH PEOPLE THERE

wow, what an attention seekin faggot you are.
>>
>>8188789
Not using dead time you have while wagecucking to expand your mind
>>
>>8188808
>dead time
>line of customers
>>
>>8188815
I read in between customers coming in
>>
>>8188789
>implying reading can't help make the wagecuck life bearable
>>
>>8188815
Are you fucking stupid he just had the book out for the slow times.
Jesus.
I read strunk at work and keep my journal handy. Then you get paid to read and write when you aren't dealing with folks
>>
>>8188819
>>8188836
>bringing in a book to keep casually set aside at work so people will comment on it
>>
>>8188825
>>8188808
>>8188836
>>8188819

That's horrible. You can't focus on the book since you're putting it down every 3 minutes, it sounds like you're just shoving it in whenever possible to make yourself look smart. "Look at me, I read smart books, so you KNOW I'm smart despite working at starbucks"
>>
>>8188866
>>8188866
It would be nice to meet some other /lit/tards would it not?
I mean I would love to talk some Strunk at work. I'm in sales, if somebody identifies with my book choice I can turn that into a sale. Not everything is to satisfy out egos. Though I think we all here have an ego and want to be perceived as smart. Otherwise wtf are we doing here besides shit-posting.
>>
>>8188875
I on average get about an hour of uninterrupted reading time in my work. Don't assume I have to out the book down so much without asking me brah
>>
>>8188875
>wasting ANY seconds of your life that could be spent re-reading ulysses

top pleb
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.