[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the Dekalog of literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (417 KB, 745x400) Image search: [Google]
file.png
417 KB, 745x400
What is the Dekalog of literature?
>>
between the backseat and my dick
>>
Decameron/Canterbury Tales
>>
>>8188606

That was a brutal movie, I really can't handle seeing normal people kill others, bloods fine when you're old enough but it's the thought that normal people just like you somewhere along the line faltered and ended up becoming psychopaths or whatever word you want to use.
>>
>>8188606
The bible.
>>
Dostoevsky?
>>
dude Kieslowski?

I love Trois Colours. Someone brief me on Dekalog?
>>
>>8189634

Dekalog is required Kieslowski along with Double life of Veronique and colors trilogy.

I could praise it's style and sell it to you that way but really there's no need, every film fan should watch it. Especially if you like his other work.
>>
>>8189641
Fucking sold. Some grown-up at a coffee shop introduced me to Trois Coleurs when I was in school but it slipped my mind to check out the rest of Kieslowski's stuff in the years since. Really glad this thread happened
>>
>>8189655
You won't regret watching it. There's nothing quite like this series. And it seems everyone has their own particular episodes they most connect with.
>>
>>8189780

Yeah, they vary in quality but for me personally I'd say at least half of them are amazing.
>>
Criterion is coming out with Dekalog on bluray in a month or so, so I'd hold it off until then.
>>
Why isn't every great film released on blu-ray yet
>>
>>8189833
Primarily two reasons. First, these old, good movies tend to have labyrinthine ownership agreements. Sometimes it's even impossible to find out who owns it in what territories. The contracts have just been filed away long ago and forgotten. Sometimes it's the music that needs to be licensed, because it was originally only licensed for a limited number of years and that has run out.

Second, decent prints are not always available, in which case you have to pay a ton for restoration.
>>
Exodus and Deuteronomy.
>>
>>8189634
>>8189641
You should certainly watch Camera Buff, his best movie
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.