[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide note
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Caspar_David_Friedrich.jpg (716 KB, 3176x2375) Image search: [Google]
Caspar_David_Friedrich.jpg
716 KB, 3176x2375
Well, this might sound strange, but, I'm currently working on an audio play which ends with the main character writing a suicide note.

So, any tips on writing suicide notes? Actually, any kind of advice would help.
>>
watch Krapp's Last Tape, read Last Letters from Montmartre, Psychosis 4:48 and Hamlet and King Lear.

It depends on your character's mental state and circumstance, but if he does it successfully I would avoid conspicuous despair. Make it, tonally, resolute.
>>
There's currently a suicide note in 8ch's suicide board, I would recommend reading those. Pretty bitter though, I don't know if that's the tone you're looking for.
>>
>>8187777
thanks for the fast reply, I forgot to mention that the main character is a war hero.
>>
>>8187761
Since the suicide note is the last thing the character writes, and pretty much the last thing he does, it should feel that way. This person may feel exhausted, guilty, tired, or angry, but those emotions really need to show. Maybe they're full of regret for things they've done, or even things they haven't done and feel like they can't do. It all depends on the character, but it's helpful to attempt to "try on" their consciousness and mental state.
>>
Suicide - Edouard Leve

The last chapter in the book is a great poem
>>
>>8187761
Just don't write the note out and see if it works that way.
>>
>>8187761
Just kill yourself, for real, and see if it works out that way.
>>
>>8187761
There's a suicide thread over on Wizchan of people with concrete plans, go read some of the "last words" sort of stuff over there. It's on /dep/.

I'd avoid 9-1chan's suicide board, it's mostly just people being angry and edgy, like most /r9k/ suicide threads. Wizchan is generally more chill.
>>
>>8189261

Such a comfy book. Autoportrait was great too.
>>
I suffer from massive self hatred and depression, every now and then when the feeling comes i will pop open a word document or something and write down my feelings.
When i re read it in a more lucid state its basically "everything is my fault, im useless, i wish things went better, i wish i could love better, and i wish i were a better human being, i wish life were normal and i had someone who loved me and i wish i could be normal, and i wish i werent a disgusting child"
>>
don't make it about suicide.
>>
>>8189791
This. Suicide just comes across really forced and clumsy unless you're a really talented author, it's one of those things better left hinted at generally, because people only write about the absolute most cliche stuff in it. If the character's going to do that, leave it kind of uncertain.

>>8189790
For someone who hates themselves, you sure seem to have a pretty big ego, seeing as you think anyone cares about your blogposting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.