[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to read more, spending less time shitposting and YouTubing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1441953868751.jpg (106 KB, 550x678) Image search: [Google]
1441953868751.jpg
106 KB, 550x678
>want to read more, spending less time shitposting and YouTubing
>get bored after either reading for a half-hour or even after a few pages and feel like I'm forcing myself to continue which means
>go back to shitposting and YouTubing
>feel guilty for not reading more

This shit happens even with fascinating books. I want to keep reading but I just can't keep an attention span on it for very long, even when I shut off my computer and phone.

Am I just not cut out for books or am I just too addicted to electronics? I don't even fucking enjoy shitposting and YouTubing anymore and want to get away from them but apparently can't. I could be doing so much else with my life.

Can anything be done about this? How does one want to read more? Or is it a case of "if you don't want to, you don't want to, ain't nothing can be done about it"?
>>
>>8184247
The print medium is likely acting as a hindrance to your reading. You aren't used to two things:
1.) Focusing on only one thing for extended periods of time.

2.) Reading in a format that is not the width of a phone or monitor.

Try easing your way into it. Start reading short stories on you phone.

Thankfully, publishers and literary journals have begun to embrace the digital medium. If you find yourself growing restless at even this, or if you simply want to switch things up, listen to recordings of short story writers reading their work.

The New Yorker posts a new story online each week, and they supplement it with a recording of the author reading their work. On the days you don't want to read or don't have the time, download the mp3.
>>
>>8184247
quick someone post the avid reader
>>
ADD.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.