[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: kurt_vonnegut.jpg (53 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kurt_vonnegut.jpg
53 KB, 600x400
Thoughts?
>>
Sometimes i dont think at all and it feels weird
>>
>>8183206
Fun to read. I like his short stories a lot.
>>
>>8183213
I actually like that
>>
>>8183206
He's good. And Cat's Cradle is my go-to novel to recommend when friends or acquaintances say they want to get into literature, and ask me for something easy and good to start with.

But there's something about that accessibility and good-entry-level-stuff quality to him that make me kind of wary when I hear someone say he's their favorite.
>>
>>8183414
he's one of my favorites. can i still be patrician?
>>
>>8183428
no

he'll stop being a favorite once you read more
>>
>>8183430
why is he bad?
>>
>>8183450
he's not bad he's just not that good.

his fans are insufferable but that's a tangential/separate issue.
>>
>>8183428
As long as the rest of your top five are even more patrician than normal.
>>
Look how saintlike and wise and compassionate that face is. Just look at it.

His books are pretty pleb, though, I gotta admit. Entrylevel stuff. I still love them and have read a ton of them, though.
>>
Babby's first good writer, but he is just that. Good. Love BOC.
>>
>>8185176
He's still my favorite, he's got a great voice. I can't get the same excitement from other authors, got any suggestions?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.