[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time to saddle'up pardner. Why don'tcha be a goo dog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: asjeladlaw.jpg (8 KB, 140x230) Image search: [Google]
asjeladlaw.jpg
8 KB, 140x230
Time to saddle'up pardner. Why don'tcha be a goo dog and recommend me a nice western or two for the road, eh? *spits*
>>
Yer gowna git rec-o-mendid the same four awthers that are always gittin recomendid round these parts COOOWBOOOY
>>
>>8183203
enlighten'me mister
>>
>>8183235
well buddy the ways i sees it *spits then lassos u* these folks round here are always spoutin the same names suchis as mr cormac mccarthy and his high falutin westerns such as blood meridian and the border trilogy and then ya got that fella by th name johnny williams who wrote a tale about servivin in them colorada mountains called butchers crossin, along with them two ya got what some folks might call a real western writer such the like of larry mcmurtry and his story lonesome dove. Last byt not least youngin you got one by an odd duck whos name i believe is oakley hall, he went and writ a story about the okay coral from what ive been told that crazy city slicker tommy pinecone is a big fan of that one.
welp thats about all i gots to say, guess its time for you to mosy on along
*pulls u in with lasso and gives u cowboy kiss*
so long pardner
>>
File: 1416861.jpg (133 KB, 450x359) Image search: [Google]
1416861.jpg
133 KB, 450x359
>>8183294
T-thank you mister, s-sir....

(Turns around and rides for the sunset)
Dear lawd I'm sweatin like a sinner'in church!
>>
>>8183192
I'm reading a few Joseph A. West novels. All westerns. Most are meh but my favorite has been "The Man from Nowhere."
>>
File: 9780451525253-us-300.jpg (26 KB, 300x496) Image search: [Google]
9780451525253-us-300.jpg
26 KB, 300x496
Pic related.

You may also want to look into Louis L'Amour. The only novel of his I read was The Walking Drum, which was not a western, but was fantastic. He mostly wrote westerns though, so based on my experience with The Walking Drum I'm confident you could find some good stuff from him.
>>
>>8183848
Oh, I also remember think Jack Shaefer's Shane was good, but I did read it in 7th grade.
>>
Louis l'Amour
Elmer Kelton
Larry McMurtry

All wrote a lot of Westerns and most of them are pretty good.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.